Upcoming Lineup Changes for WHW?

Diamond45

Terminate Bad Music
Feb 22, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA USA
www.dmine.com
Saw this posted on While Heaven Wept's Facebook page this evening:

The FINAL performance (for the foreseeable future) of the "Vast Oceans Lachrymose" line-up will in fact be on September 17th in Atlanta, Georgia at ProgPower USA XII - do NOT miss it! Specific details regarding the future of WHW will be revealed in a forthcoming press release.

I'm pretty sure the lineup now doesn't live in the same place, making recording a bi of a chore. If NB is putting on some pressure to get some née stuff out soon, a closer-proximity lineup could be more practical. I dunno..

I'm pretty sure the lineup now doesn't live in the same place, making recording a bi of a chore. If NB is putting on some pressure to get some née stuff out soon, a closer-proximity lineup could be more practical. I dunno..

I was sort of thinking the same thing. Most of WHW live in the metro Washington, DC area, but at least one of them lives in Raleigh, NC. That's a bit of a hike to come up to play, practice or record songs. So it isn't too surprising, but nonetheless sad.

the band just put a new album out...

the band just put a new album out...

The new album is made up of material that already existed. It is older stuff as well as outtakes from the VOL that have been rerecorded/remixed, etc. into a new album.

Now faced with a clean slate and the need to have a worthy follow-up to the new album, WHW will have to create a more stable lineup after what shows they'll do to support said new album.

WHW doesn't do anything swiftly. The reason this album came out so (relatively) quickly after VOL is because of where the material came from. So they need a close, more stable lineup that can work together easily to write new stuff that will eventually become the new stuff.

Once again, this is my speculation, but I don't think this is far off based on what I've read from Tom and the nature of the music they've released thus far.