Upcoming Movies...

Kate's character didn't exist when the Great War happened... hence no Kate/ Selena...

And Gambit was always one of my fave X-men (wolverine being the other)... It seems from the previews they really nailed his look - let's hope the actor has the same 'tude as well :)

The Watchmen - wasn't this done by the same guy that did 300, Sin City and The Spirit?? I think his name's Zack Snyder... I think.... And I saw a preview in the theater when I saw Dark Knight - it looks pretty decent...

Gambit SHOULD have been in at least one of the X-men movies. I'm still disgruntled about the lack of Gambit. :yell:

This is what I'm looking forward to:

I know. I'm a nerd. :loco:

Last edited by a moderator:
Kate's character didn't exist when the Great War happened... hence no Kate/ Selena...

And Gambit was always one of my fave X-men (wolverine being the other)... It seems from the previews they really nailed his look - let's hope the actor has the same 'tude as well :)

The Watchmen - wasn't this done by the same guy that did 300, Sin City and The Spirit?? I think his name's Zack Snyder... I think.... And I saw a preview in the theater when I saw Dark Knight - it looks pretty decent...

Oooooooooooo.....nice call Jennifer! A major oversite on my part! Now I can watch this film without it bothering me. :kickass:

~Brian~

Zack Snyder did not direct Sin City or The Spirit. He did direct the remake of Dawn of the Dead (which I liked), 300, and Watchmen. Robert Rodriguez directed Sin City, and credited Frank Miller as co-director - and Frank Miller alone directed The Spirit.

The Underworld movies are one of my great guilty pleasures. Even if we know how it ends for these particular characters, I can't wait to see Bill Nighy presumably playing a larger role. Viktor is my favorite character in the franchise.

And that is why I like him.

Viktor and Lucian are by far my fave characters of the series...

And I stand corrected on the Zack Snyder thing - I got all confused n' stuff...

I did see tho that a '300' sequel is tentative on a graphic novel Frank Miller is suppose to do for it - honestly, I hope that's a rumor... What can you do with that?? Seriously?? the story's been told..

I did see tho that a '300' sequel is tentative on a graphic novel Frank Miller is suppose to do for it - honestly, I hope that's a rumor... What can you do with that?? Seriously?? the story's been told..

Exactly what I was thinking.

Okay, the 300 Spartans* died. The Persians invaded, sacked Athens (the populace escape to an island), and took a lot of statuary. The Greek city-states rallied and defeated the Persians by sea in the Battle of Salamis and at Plataea on land (the battle depicted at the end of 300). Persian imperial expansion into Europe was halted. End of story.

Unless they want to do the story of Alexander? Gee, THAT's never been done before. Three times. By Oliver Stone alone. :heh:

-=-=-=-=-
* plus the aptly-named "several hundred Thebans, Thespians and other hoplites NOT appearing in this film" :)

I have heard rumors that the sequel to 300 would be more of a follow-up in the same style rather than a true sequel, and would focus on the naval battle Paul mentioned. It could work, but I think that since we've already seen 300, this wouldn;t have the same impact when told in that style.

They are also making the childrens book Where the Wild Things Are into a live action movie due out in October! I cannot wait for that!

where_the_wild_things_are.jpg

_11974077361152.jpg

-MetalRose

I am looking forward most to Public Enemies, terminator, and X-men. Gran Torino and Taken are both kick ass movies. I was pleasantly surprised by Taken, Liam Neeson kicks some serious ass in the movie.

Yeah! That could be cool.

The best part is that in some test screenings its scaring the crap out of kids!

The Wrestler looks great, and is reviewed very highly. I want to see that.

This weekend alone there are several movies I want to see:

Slumdog Millionaire, Frost/Nixon, Underworld... (same as Ruthven.. a guilty pleasure, even though teh second one was pretty bad), Revolutionary Road

The Wrestler is at the Midtown Art Cinema but its $10/ticket there. I will probably end up seeing Slumdog Millionaire.

I think I'll skip on Inkheart until dollar theater or video.