Upcoming Movies...

'Nuff said.

wolverine.jpg

Hells yeah!!!!! Totally cannot wait for this flick - I'm just hoping Gambit doesn't have like a weeee bit part in it... and I think Liev Schreiber will kill as Sabretooth..

Flat out Killer cast - someone give those folks a raise!!

They're doing reshoots on the Wolverine movie and it's been leaked on how Fox has gone over the director's head on several occasions. Sadly, this Wolverine movie is almost guaranteed to suck. I hate Fox so very much.

Hey Pellaz, and news on the Elric movie (or lack thereof)? Nothing on the MM board for a while.

With Weitz's upcoming work on the Twilight sequel, I have a feeling that it will have to wait till afterwards. Hopefully (even though I haven't read any Elric novels, I'm looking forward to the movies...), he starts on the trilogy afterwards.

The 'Outlander' looks ok - and at the end it said '2008'... But I haven't heard or seen anything on it before...

Has anyone seen the previews for the 'Friday the 13th' remake?? Ya know, i think I may even go to see that in the theater; it doesn't look too bad at all...

One that I REALLY want to see that I just saw the previews for - Taken.. Liam Neelson (sp?) looks like one hell of a bad ass in that flick... A movie with Nicholas Cage - Knowing - that looks kinda interesting too..

Last night, I saw Underworld and Inkheart at Swordlord's theater. Both are pretty good, but I enjoyed Inkheart quite a bit. It is very creative and fun, and doesn't have to be just for kids.

Underworld was... exactly what I expected. While not bad, it was also not surprising or interesting. The Lycans looked cool but I'm not impressed with CG effects anymore, so.. whatever. It is a good mindless action movie with monsters but don't expect to be "scared" or "wowed". Swordlord love it, but was lukewarm with Inkheart. My opinion is the exact opposite.

Movies I've seen recently:

Gran Torino - brilliant! Tops my list of all-time favorite movies

Valkyrie - also at the top of my list. I haven't seen a movie twice in the theaters in years, but I would see this a 3rd time!

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - really good movie, lots of camparisons to Forest Gump.

Marley & Me - I got a lot more out of this than I thought it would. It isn't just a dumb dog movie like it appears to be in the trailers.

Bedtime Stories - This is cute and very clean. A good movie for a date or for the family. It's similar to Inkheart, but watered down.

Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa - I've never laughed so hard at a movie in my life. A few out-of-place social and political comments come out of left-field, but overall a terrific movie for anyone. You don't need to see the first one to understand this one, except for one part at the end. Lots of people feel this is a rare instance where the sequel is better than the original.

Underworld: Rise of the Lycans - Good action movie without a lot of complicated storyline getting in the way.

Inkheart - Imaginative and delightful! This has a lot of potential! Not scary for kids, not boring for adults.

Doubt - This is what acting is all about! I implore you all to see this movie! It's a dialogue film, and it's better if you don't read about it beforehand.

Swordlord loves to see all the nominees for the Oscars, and his enthusiasm is rubbing off on me. So we'll likely be seeing many many more in the next few weeks, not to mention all the new releases :)

Last night, I saw Underworld and Inkheart at Swordlord's theater. Both are pretty good, but I enjoyed Inkheart quite a bit. It is very creative and fun, and doesn't have to be just for kids.

Underworld was... exactly what I expected. While not bad, it was also not surprising or interesting. The Lycans looked cool but I'm not impressed with CG effects anymore, so.. whatever. It is a good mindless action movie with monsters but don't expect to be "scared" or "wowed". Swordlord love it, but was lukewarm with Inkheart. My opinion is the exact opposite.

Movies I've seen recently:

Gran Torino - brilliant! Tops my list of all-time favorite movies

Valkyrie - also at the top of my list. I haven't seen a movie twice in the theaters in years, but I would see this a 3rd time!

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - really good movie, lots of camparisons to Forest Gump.

Marley & Me - I got a lot more out of this than I thought it would. It isn't just a dumb dog movie like it appears to be in the trailers.

Bedtime Stories - This is cute and very clean. A good movie for a date or for the family. It's similar to Inkheart, but watered down.

Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa - I've never laughed so hard at a movie in my life. A few out-of-place social and political comments come out of left-field, but overall a terrific movie for anyone. You don't need to see the first one to understand this one, except for one part at the end. Lots of people feel this is a rare instance where the sequel is better than the original.

Underworld: Rise of the Lycans - Good action movie without a lot of complicated storyline getting in the way.

Inkheart - Imaginative and delightful! This has a lot of potential! Not scary for kids, not boring for adults.

Doubt - This is what acting is all about! I implore you all to see this movie! It's a dialogue film, and it's better if you don't read about it beforehand.

Swordlord loves to see all the nominees for the Oscars, and his enthusiasm is rubbing off on me. So we'll likely be seeing many many more in the next few weeks, not to mention all the new releases :)

Gran Torino was great.

Benjamin Button tops my list of worst movies I've seen in the last 3 years. Pathetic.

Underworld... it was alright. 2/4 stars.

Doubt was fantastic.

Ok I saw Rise of the Lycans... It was ok... I really wanted to go nuts for it, but without ruining it for those that didn't see it, it was just ok... Not totally disappointed but I so wanted more...

I very rarely go to see a movie at the theater anymore, but I attempted to go see Underworld last night. It turned out that it was sold out, so I'm guessing it will finish in the top spot for the weekend.

~Brian~

'The Wrestler' was a great movie. Really enjoyed it. Mickey Rourke deserved that Golden Globe.

*two thumbs up - way up - like from the top rope up* :)

Yeah, it was very good though I had to turn my head at some of the scenes. I've never been a fan of blading or hardcore matches as it is and those scenes were pretty graphic. I think Phillip Seymour Hoffman got robbed not getting a nomination or even buzz for Synecdoche, NY (the film as a whole did - it was my favorite of the year) so the next best is his win.

Just curious how a movie where the star (Cruise) plays a German officer and does not use a german accent can be liked so well by someone. Granted the action is good, and the story is good, but the acting is very subpar. I'm a huge Tom Cruise fan and was very disappointed. Rubbish

I do agree with you on Gran Turino though. Absolutely brilliant!

Just curious how a movie where the star (Cruise) plays a German officer and does not use a german accent can be liked so well by someone. Granted the action is good, and the story is good, but the acting is very subpar. I'm a huge Tom Cruise fan and was very disappointed. Rubbish

I do agree with you on Gran Turino though. Absolutely brilliant!

He doesn't need a German accent for me to like the movie. To discount everything else on account of not having a German accent is unnecessary. There was plenty to enjoy about the movie, that oen thing wont take away from me enjoying the film. It would have been nice, but then we could go one step further and say, "Why didn't they speak in German and use subtitles?" There's only so much I expect actors to do, and having an English-speaking actor use a German accent while speaking in English pretending to be speaking in German doesn't top my list of requirements for a good movie. :lol:

'The Wrestler' is the best movie I've seen in years. Mickey Rourke deserves the Oscar, and Marisa Tomei finally earned the Oscar she won.
2 Horns Up

Taken was extremely badass, and don't ask me how I have already seen it. There was tons of asskicking in that movie, and I am definately gonna sit down and watch it again once I get caught up on other movies I have waiting for me. There is just not enough time in the day.