Five Movies - questions/spoilers/whatever

JayKeeley said:
Kill Bill vol. 2: Holy crap, was this disappointing or what? Way too much banter. Training sequences were good, and the fight with Elle Driver was excellent, but no showdown with Budd? And the whole build up to fighting the BIG BOSS, Bill, was over in 30 seconds? WTF? Granted, I've yet to see the deleted fight sequence with Bill, but still....
totally, and what the fuck was the point of bleeping out her name for the whole movie? like it really fuckin mattered what her name was...

Unsumed said:
I love this movie. It's got all the humour I'd expect from a Bruce Campbell film...
If I were ever to make a film, I don't know how Bruce Campbell could ever NOT be in it. I don't know why directors aren't scrambling like crazy to have this guy in their films...and instead, he gets crappy B-movies, well written B-movies, and the odd cameo role in a Sam Raimi movie.

His performance in Dead by Dawn is legendary.

Still haven't seen any of the other films you mentioned. But I do know that both versions of Exorcist: The Beginning will be released on DVD.
Fangoria themselves have openly admitted to the fact that Renny Harlin's version is aimed at the "Scream" mainstream audience. Lots of cheap shock moments, etc. Of course, I only speculate, but based on descriptions alone, I think I'm keen to see the first version -- the introspective on Father Merrin. But who knows...

neal said:
totally, and what the fuck was the point of bleeping out her name for the whole movie? like it really fuckin mattered what her name was...
I'm not sure what the logic was behind this, because it only happened in vol.1 and at the beginning of vol.2. Later, they referred to her as "Kiddo" or "Beatrix Kiddo" and it didn't get beeped.

It's just another Tarrantino gimmick. His obsession with Sergio Leone's "man with no name" probably got the better of him in the editing room. (Note how Clint Eastwood's character in the Dollars Trilogy never had a name...).

JayKeeley said:
If I were ever to make a film, I don't know how Bruce Campbell could ever NOT be in it. I don't know why directors aren't scrambling like crazy to have this guy in their films...and instead, he gets crappy B-movies, well written B-movies, and the odd cameo role in a Sam Raimi movie.

His performance in Dead by Dawn is legendary.
Agreed. I mean if his performance can make a piece of crap like Serving Sara almost watchable, he's got to be worthy of more than he gets :D. He always gets the best possible performance out of the roles he's given. Even if the script sucks, he makes it work. Can't wait to see what he does in Lucky McGee's The Woods...

Just read some interesting Bruce/Ash news: http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/index.php?Show=2371&Template=newsfull

Unsumed said:
Just read some interesting Bruce/Ash news: http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/index.php?Show=2371&Template=newsfull[/QUOTE]

I've never been to that site - is this guy a bullshit artist? My first reaction is that he's written up some fake account. Having said that, I can't help but feel excited even at the prospect. I mean, who wouldn't want to see this match up?

fvjva1081604.jpg

It's just that I've read as many rumours about them bringing Michael Myers into the sequel as the third match up. But yeah, truth be known, Freddy vs Jason vs Ash would be a whole lot better. One big popcorn night out.

That same site, by the way, has easily slammed the final nail in the coffin for me going to see AVP at the theater. Right now, considering how much it's widely hated, I'm not even sure if I'd see it on DVD. Paul Anderson can go suck dick.

Robert Englund speaks out about Freddy vs Jason vs Ash:

"The premise is that if Freddy gets his hand on the necronomicon, he can return to life, as an immortal superbeing to seek revenge on Jason. Meanwhile, Freddy has to posses sleeping kids to try to kill Jason, but Jason just annhilates them. The parents of Elm Street view this as Jason murdering kids, so they hire a few supernatural being hunters to kill Jason. They top the team with Ash, who needs the money to fund his trip to destroy the book of the dead. Freddy realises Ash has the necronomicon in his dreams, so he has to get into Ash's mind. So that interlocks the battle. Hope they finish soon, i'm looking foward to working with Bruce (Campbell) and Ken (Kirzinger)."

Unsumed said:
Robert Englund speaks out about Freddy vs Jason vs Ash:

"The premise is that if Freddy gets his hand on the necronomicon, he can return to life, as an immortal superbeing to seek revenge on Jason. Meanwhile, Freddy has to posses sleeping kids to try to kill Jason, but Jason just annhilates them. The parents of Elm Street view this as Jason murdering kids, so they hire a few supernatural being hunters to kill Jason. They top the team with Ash, who needs the money to fund his trip to destroy the book of the dead. Freddy realises Ash has the necronomicon in his dreams, so he has to get into Ash's mind. So that interlocks the battle. Hope they finish soon, i'm looking foward to working with Bruce (Campbell) and Ken (Kirzinger)."
:kickass:

That works for me! So Ash will fight Jason on the street, and Freddy in his dreams? Whatever, I just wanna see Ash, his chainsaw, and boomstick go to work. Groovy. :heh:

Yeah, I heard about that too. I guess they'll have to work in the storyline from F v J v A with the next Evil Dead.

Which Army of Darkness ending do they use to move forward?

Unsumed said:
My guess/hope would be the theatrical ending. I think the apocalypse ending would involve way too much CGI work for my taste.
Unless they go with the desolate 'Robinson Crusoe' approach, where he has to build shelter and crude weaponry -- like the end battle sequence in Predator, but just stretched out more.

Otherwise, yeah, the modern day setting is going to be the obvious and easy direction.

I just watched Evil Dead last night, just for the hell of it. It's such a cool piece of directing, knowing they made it for $375K. It's like watching a little film making lesson.

I couldn't agree with you more.

I got my Bubba Ho-Tep DVD in the mail yesterday. It's almost hard to believe that that film only cost around $500.000 to make. It looks so good! Watched it with the commentary track where Bruce Campbell pretends to be Elvis watching the film... Man, that's some funny stuff :D.

Sam Raimi has put a stop to F vs J vs A... But he once again has hinted towards an Evil Dead 4:

"I didn't want to be in a position where I was protecting Ash, the character that I want to eventually make another movie with one day, protecting him and not allowing the director to do what he felt he had to do."

Full story: http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/index.php?Show=2640&Template=newsfull

And in other Bruce Campbell news, Don Cascarelli spoke a bit about a sequal to Bubba Ho-Tep, which is looking good: http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/index.php?Show=2641&Template=newsfull

Unsumed said:
Sam Raimi has put a stop to F vs J vs A... But he once again has hinted towards an Evil Dead 4:

"I didn't want to be in a position where I was protecting Ash, the character that I want to eventually make another movie with one day, protecting him and not allowing the director to do what he felt he had to do."

That's fine, just as long as he gets his ass in gear and actually makes Evil Dead 4. Forget the baseball and spiderman movies. Otherwise, he's just begrudging the fans of a character that needs more airtime, regardless of who's directing it. Hey, the best Star Wars movie wasn't directed by George Lucas. Plus Bruce is getting on a bit....