Upcoming releases

Why am I not surprised?

Sólstafir is probably the best metal band out there at this moment, in my opinion. I mean, such a statement doesn't mean much, but they're just so...perfect.

"Ja jumalauta banjo?" (And a bloody hell banjo?) :D

Pure magnificent.

It feels bad and quite ungrateful to whine about Barren Earth being in my hometown with Katatonia, when Sólstafir plays with Katatonia in Helsinki next day.
It´s good that BE is coming here, but really, Sólstafir would be better to me.

"Ja jumalauta banjo?" (And a bloody hell banjo?) :D

Pure magnificent.

It feels bad and quite ungrateful to whine about Barren Earth being in my hometown with Katatonia, when Sólstafir plays with Katatonia in Helsinki next day.

The clear answer, then, is a show with BE and Sólstafir :kickass:. I've seen enough Katatonia to tide me over for a while.

I presently feel extremely torn between the combined awesomeness of Sólstafir, Insomnium, Katatonia, Arch Enemy, Barren Earth & Swallow The Sun vs. the chance of seeing Paradise Lost in a very special location. Nothing else all autumn, and of course those have to be on the same weekend. :rolleyes:

On the subject of Mastodon...I've enjoyed all the stuff I have heard from them on soundtracks/internet radio but never picked up any of their releases. Should a prog freak like me start with Crack the Skye?

My mom would shit her panties and and not talk to me for a while about the whole Finnish metal scene, she doesn't get it.

I love Sólstafir.

:Smokedev:

My mom would [...] not talk to me for a while about the whole Finnish metal scene, she doesn't get it.
Mine finally does, and my dad too - how much difference one perfectly executed live show can make... :headbang: but to get back on topic, I'll probably check out more of this when it's available (Myrkur, from Denmark, first EP due in September). Most of the song is fairly generic, but the intro reminds me of The Passing of the Elves (A Elbereth Gilthoniel) from the LOTR 1 soundtrack, which happens to fit my mood after just coming back from a tranquil lakeside week:

Last edited by a moderator:
Myrkur is a one-woman bm band, right?
I think I received some promo mail from Relapse regarding that band.

I like the song, but the production doesn't really fit it. Too polished and clean for me. Still, a solid song. It would've been waaaaay better if it had real drums, tho.