Upcoming Reviews - leaving beer coaster promos aside

J. said:
BWD, JayK, Erik and One Incher have Arcane Sun, right?
Yeah, but I don't care for it as much as some of you others.

BTW, suggestion is good, I have a couple of promos of Belorussian melodeath and Finnish norsecore that really suck.

I want a review of The Lord Weird Slough Feg's debut from JayK.

I love me some Twilight, but I'm starting to think you're right about this one. Scalzi's vocals really are in top form here, and that's saying a lot.

One Inch Man said:
I want a review of The Lord Weird Slough Feg's debut from JayK.

I love me some Twilight, but I'm starting to think you're right about this one. Scalzi's vocals really are in top form here, and that's saying a lot.

Sure thing man. Before, when you said "it's no surprise that you like this one", what did you mean by that? :tickled:

JayKeeley said:
Sure thing man. Before, when you said "it's no surprise that you like this one", what did you mean by that? :tickled:
The overt NWOBHM influence, particularly the Maidenisms. :dopey: I'm it's not like a full on retro thing, but yeah it's definitely there.

Skepticism - Stormcrowfleet
Reverend Bizarre - ANY
Acid Bath - Either one
Pagan Altar - ANY
Solitude Aeturnus - ANY
YOB - Catharsis
Belenos - Errances, Spicilege
Lunar Aurora - Zyklus
Taake - Nattestid

etc etc

Reviews I'd like to see:
Bathory (we all know it, but do it anyway!!!)
The Chasm
Immortal
Kalmah
Absu :p

And another comment... I like the LoG review.. i have to agree with it.

Russell said:
Dude, he's calling you gay. I'm 100% sure of it :loco:

Ah, the truth is out. :tickled:

Doomcifer said:
Skepticism - Stormcrowfleet

I would love to tackle this, unless Erik wants to of course.

Pagan Altar - ANY

Now THIS baby is mine. "Pagan Altar vol. 1" will definitely see the light of day by yours truly.

Iconoclastic Tendencies said:
Bathory (we all know it, but do it anyway!!!)

We did a whole feature on Bathory!! It's off-line right now, but down the road we'll republish it.

Good ideas peeps, keep 'em coming.

So far, I've got:

Slough Feg - debut
Pagan Altar - vol 1
Skepticism - Stormcrowfleet (unless Erik calls dibs)

With Kayo Dot already mentioned (I'm waiting :)), Maudlin Of The Well reviews would be cool also.

Doomcifer said:
Taake - Nattestid
I'll handle this one, I fucking love this album and should've reviewed it ages ago.
Arunas said:
With Kayo Dot already mentioned (I'm waiting :)), Maudlin Of The Well reviews would be cool also.
Kayo Dot I've wanted to do for a long time, I just haven't sat down with it yet, but it WILL happen, and SOON! maudlin of the Well I will attempt to tackle, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to. Since the whole concept of Bath/LYBM is so deep, and I simply enjoy the music w/o caring about the concept ( :dopey: ), I'm not sure if I really should review them. But I'll give it a shot, why the F not?

Yeah me too, I guess I'll look into the concept in a few years... The same happened with Tool for me, after few years of enjoying music I've looked into lyrics and stuff...
And btw - Where's is Lateralus review??
And it's a bit weird that under the letter 'U' there are no reviews, since this forum worships Ulver...
And not only Ulver - there are a lot of threads like "OMG this band rulz" and yet nobody reviews it - for example Pelican...

Some thrash reviews would be cool. There's so any bands that are neglected while Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth and the likes get all the glory. I'm talking stuff like Artillery, Coroner, Kreator, Metal Church, Sabbat, Sodom, Torture Squad, Overkill, Watchtower, and some I'm forgetting.

Yeah, this was my whole goddamn point!! For example, look at that album tournament we did, and try looking for those albums:

Burzum - Hvis Lysett Tar Oss
Agalloch - Pale Folklore
Metallica - Ride the Lightning - (General Zod will be doing this)
Maiden - Powerslave - (this exists in our feature)
Katatonia - Brave Murder Day
Dissection - Storm of the Light's Bane
etc
etc

Yep, no Ulver. No Kreator. No Sabbat. No Skyclad. No Sodom. No Skepticism.

Sure, some people own these albums, but some don't. Either way, interesting albums garner interesting reviews. It becomes better reading material. It improves the site overall. There are 1000 sites out there all reviewing everything sent to them, but we're not going to even attempt to do that anymore.

Look for more "oldies" and look for more "newbies" that would otherwise go unnoticed.

And for those missing a sarcasm detector, I'll include tags...

[SARCASM]
On the other hand, check RC for really useful reviews on Pure Sweet Hell, Single Bullet Theory, oh and I can't forget the utterly awesome LUCKY STRIKER!!! [/SARCASM]