Upcoming Reviews - leaving beer coaster promos aside

JayKeeley said:
See if you can track down "Dreamweaver" one day

i'm an idiot.. the Dreamweaver LP was was closing shortly after History... but I thought I didn't have much money, and apparently $7.00 was too much for me :loco: oh, the joys of Ebay!

I will say this much for reviewing the classic, I think about a dozen albums I've heard before and thought "meh, this sucks my balls", but then I've read your reviews and gave them a few more thorough listens and decided "HOLY SHIT! THIS ROCKS!!!"....

Doing classics is SO ftw! :headbang:

Demilich said:
or the RC reviewers have subtle brainwashing powers in their writing, like Jon Nodtveidt claims to have in his songs :loco:

LOL!!!! What does he claim the brainwashing is doing? converting us to satanism or some shizz? If so, it doesn't work on me, i just find it catchy music to listen to :p

It's a conspiracy!!!!! :loco: But really, if a review makes you want to go listen to an album you already own, then the review is a winner! If it makes you pick cool things out that you'd previously missed, it's a winner!

RC: "Where we help make you appreciate more the music you already own". :kickass:

Yes One Inch NAD, I'm well aware of the time thank you. :p I just felt that a Pagan Altar review would be much better suited for Friday morning reading, dontchya think? The delay is intentional....plus, I just finished watching that Huckabees film. :tickled: Naomi Watts is good looking even when they try to make her look ugly, except anyone else notice that Don Corleone jawline...?

OK I digress, Pagan Altar review for Friday reading, and I might tackle Skepticism's "Stormcrowfleet" as well. And Noltem, just for Mr. Sveld. :)

I had to zing you on that. :loco: But I agree wholeheartedly with what you said, and it's cool that you fuckers go back to albums because of our reviews! :kickass: And I want to read about Pagan Altar, because I actually own that one now, and Words and Music are :kickass: !

Did you dig that incredibly weird movie!?!? Oh man does it kick ass! "FUCKabees...." :tickled:

Iconoclastic Tendencies said:
LOL!!!! What does he claim the brainwashing is doing? converting us to satanism or some shizz? If so, it doesn't work on me, i just find it catchy music to listen to :p

here's what the guy said about it himself:

jon from dissection said:
"Our lyrics have always been about praising and channelling the powers of darkness and Chaos, and of course this is still the case since this is the essence of our lyrics. Yet, the new lyrics for the next album are all written as direct invocations and evocations to the gods of darkness, and are based around satanic formulas that have been charged within the Anti-cosmic/Satanic tradition. This is a magical form called "Voces Magicae", which translates "Vocal Magic" or "The magic of the spoken word", that will affect the listener on the unconscious level, and thus also the causal universe as a whole. These formulas have been charged within the darkest tradition and by speaking or singing them, or playing the recorded versions, the specific currents attached to them will be released. In other words, the lyrics and music of DISSECTION are conscious, ritualistic art."

I still don't know what the crap his anti-cosmic thing is all about, and I even read up on them shitz.

"Hey Jon look, you can see Jupiter tonight!"
"FUCK planets!"

i'm trying to get into a course on Gnosticism (may not be the same thing as Chaos-Gnosticism) but i'm gonna assume there's SOMETHING similar in there, at my school this year. from reading about it on the Arckanum website, it sounds like it's worth a shot.

Jon seems to be a little to "into" the whole thing to me... go nuts, try and anti-cosmo-babble me into anti-cosmos chaosing my neighbourhood or some shit. I'll change the CD before I do that, cause i'm lazy.

Dr F: Damn your eyes!
Igor: Too late.

OK want some reading, here's the cliff notes:

PAGAN ALTAR vol 1 is satanic doom emerging from the depths of the NWOBHM era. Written somewhere between 1979 and 1981, although not properly released until 1998, this is essentially downtuned SABBATH with the balls of MERCYFUL FATE. The pounding of "The Black Mass" will knock the crucifix off your wall exactly at the moment where Terry Jones sings, "This is the age, is the age of Satan". Evil as fuck, plus they wore hooded monk robes on stage.

666/10

P.S. Buy the vinyl edition of the follow up, Lords of Hypocrisy, because it's released on Miskatonic, and Rich Walker deserves your support.

AND buy the vinyl version of Volume 1 released under the name "Judgement of the Dead" along with the Time Lord MLP (contains some other versions of Vol. 1 songs and some non-album songs for a total of 5 tracks)

both from www.ironpegasus.de !

he doesn't have them in yet, but they're on the mailorder list and will be ready to ship probably this week!

Demilich said:
AND buy the vinyl version of Volume 1 released under the name "Judgement of the Dead" along with the Time Lord MLP (contains some other versions of Vol. 1 songs and some non-album songs for a total of 5 tracks)

That's the Black Widows release?

judgealbum.jpg

It sure is, sir! Available in regular black vinyl or limited-to-300 coloured version.

I emailed my order in to Iron Pegasus already, the guy said he'd let me know when they arrived. Sweet looking release, it comes with a 48-page booklet with info about the band and shitz! check that out! (hope Egay doesn't mind the bandwidth heist)

bc_1_b.JPG