Upcoming Reviews - leaving beer coaster promos aside

ooh, i'm getting Sabbat's "History of a Time to Come" LP any day now, it'll be my intro to Walkier (sp?), but I must check out Skyclad sometime too!

Maudlin reviews would be worthy of a thesis ... would love to read someones review of them

Arunas said:
Yeah me too, I guess I'll look into the concept in a few years... The same happened with Tool for me, after few years of enjoying music I've looked into lyrics and stuff...
Do you have the hidden song? It allegedly decodes the whole riddle of Bath/LYBM, although some people in the band have said it's so complex that only the writer really knows the answer, haha. I have an mp3 of that song if you need it.

Oh yeah and Tool lyrics are the best in the land, even if Maynard says everyone interprets them wrong, haha.
Arunas said:
And btw - Where's is Lateralus review??
And it's a bit weird that under the letter 'U' there are no reviews, since this forum worships Ulver...
When we were transferring reviews from the old site to the new one, I stopped at the letter S so my Lateralus and Ulver reviews are currently in the void. :loco:

Looks like the old directory is now gone, I'll have to upload the rest from my hardcopy's at home then. :Spin:

How about some new thrash bands? Corrupt, Hazard, Toxic Holocaust, Drunkard, Nocturnal, Sauron etc etc

Also, how about more than one of you revew the same stuff so we get different takes on it?

One Inch Man said:
Do you have the hidden song? It allegedly decodes the whole riddle of Bath/LYBM, although some people in the band have said it's so complex that only the writer really knows the answer, haha. I have an mp3 of that song if you need it.
I guess I don't - it would be nice :)
One Inch Man said:
Oh yeah and Tool lyrics are the best in the land, even if Maynard says everyone interprets them wrong, haha. When we were transferring reviews from the old site to the new one, I stopped at the letter S so my Lateralus and Ulver reviews are currently in the void. :loco:
Yeah, and not only lyrics - from my point of view they are closest to perfection :D. I mean "they're so fuckin good!!". But that's just my subjective opinion :D

Arunas said:
I guess I don't - it would be nice :)
PM an email address and I'll send it to you tonight, I have it somewhere at home. Odds are I'll forget to post it in this thread, right now I'm sorta like Apu when he thought he was a hummingbird due to lack of sleep. :dopey:
Arunas said:
Yeah, and not only lyrics - from my point of view they are closest to perfection :D. I mean "they're so fuckin good!!". But that's just my subjective opinion :D
Well yeah, they're my favorite band and ÆNIMA is the greatest album of all time, so I'm inclined to agree with you. :Spin:

Demilich said:
ooh, i'm getting Sabbat's "History of a Time to Come" LP any day now, it'll be my intro to Walkier (sp?), but I must check out Skyclad sometime too!

That's outstanding. See if you can track down "Dreamweaver" one day, but there's no rush now that you've got "History...". Take your time with these albums, and spend time reading the lyrics.

Review coming tonight: Pagan Altar - Vol 1

s00129e52jo.jpg

Those things rule so much. I used to have a big joystick like for my TurboGrafx but the cunting buttons would stick after I had it for a few months. Actually, I think I just borrowed from someone forever, never owned one meself.

Not quite the same as those full arcade thingies, but a similar experience. :headbang: to that.

That one's the Street Fighter 15th anniversary edition that's just come out, even though the game is 18 years old. :loco:

The buttons aren't in a diagnol line, and plus they're concave as opposed to convex. Either way, it looks cool.

Dhalsim > the rest, especially his firebreathing

I'll whoop your ass with Ken, NIKKUH!?!? :loco:

Actually no I probably wouldn't, I was never really good at SFII. Mortal Kombat II and Tekken 2 now, that's different. Armor King and Barraka WTF!!!!KJ!J!IO!!!111

One Inch Man said:
Wait, so is that a self-contained game thingy? How much?

No, it's $60 and plugs into the PS2. I only know all this because I got a gamepro mag in the mail the other day, and I have no reason why!

There's a great Tekken 5 Ultimate Collector's edition joystick as well, but for the life of me, I can't find an image. It costs $100, but it looks awesome.

That's self-contained enough for me, since I own a PS2. :loco:

g21101nq2gi.jpg

Hmm, that might be worth getting, I haven't owned a fighting game since Tekken 2. I'll probably just wait until regular ol' Tekken 5 is $8 on half.com though.

Crimson Velvet said:
Kreator, Metal Church, Sodom

For real, none of these? And no Priest either? Mother fuckers. I wouldn't mind reading about some Artillery. And, hey, how bout some fucking Saxon while we're at it? :headbang: