Update and Save the Date!

BARfest

Sep 9, 2003
Visit site
Thanks to all of you who have been posting over the past few months on your suggestions on the bands, and your desire to schedule your vacations around the festival etc.. This means a lot to me that you all have enjoyed the festival last year. I have been trying to put this together for this year, but it has been a big challenge. This was a massive effort last year, that I was unsure if I was going to be able to repeat this year due to my day job commitments, and the changing music scene.

My intent with this is to bring the Bay Area the best of the progressive rock and metal bands by providing a venue for local bands to play in addition to building a national and international fest like I did this year. I have built a good base that I hope to leverage for future events this year. Furthermore, I want to always make sure there is a differentiation both in music and timing between ProgPower, PowerFest, Nightmare Fest etc..

There are a number of things in the works right now-- both in terms of some local shows, and the BIG event to take place the weekend of June 27th and 28th in the Bay Area. One headliner is committed right now, and I am working on nailing down everything else. Some of you will like what I am doing - and Im sure that others of you will scratch your head and wonder what the hell Im thinking.

Thanks to all of you for your patience-- it will be rewarded!!

Awesome news, glad to hear from you! I'll definitely be there!!!!! I loved last years festival, and i became a huge fan of some of the bands, especially enchant(tug of war gets played at least twice a week). I'm looking forward to traveling back to the bay area.

Sweet since I cant go to Nightmare Fest I will keep this open!!

When can we expect that headliner to be announced or are you going to wait for more bands to get confirmed before an announcement?

Eeep, having it on Sat-Sun may make it tough for out of town people who can't miss work..was that a typo as far as the dates go?

Talk to ya soon, man!

[Edit: oh good, it was a typo..good to know!]

Hell yeah! oh... and...

Hey! Is RJD's head really that freakin big? :lol:

...Dude! :guh:

No, RJD's head is not that big...I'm that small. :err:
But see, I changed my picture.
Now you have to make fun of my head, I guess...unless you want to go to my myspace page, where there's a plethora of photos featuring myself and RJD's not-inconsiderably-sized melon.

Hey, be nice to my father!!!! ;)
*lmfao*
Of all the people who wished over the years that Dio was their dad, you're the only one I can think of who could actually convince the general public that it's true. :lol:

Thanks to all of you who have been posting over the past few months on your suggestions on the bands, and your desire to schedule your vacations around the festival etc.. This means a lot to me that you all have enjoyed the festival last year. I have been trying to put this together for this year, but it has been a big challenge. This was a massive effort last year, that I was unsure if I was going to be able to repeat this year due to my day job commitments, and the changing music scene.

My intent with this is to bring the Bay Area the best of the progressive rock and metal bands by providing a venue for local bands to play in addition to building a national and international fest like I did this year. I have built a good base that I hope to leverage for future events this year. Furthermore, I want to always make sure there is a differentiation both in music and timing between ProgPower, PowerFest, Nightmare Fest etc..

There are a number of things in the works right now-- both in terms of some local shows, and the BIG event to take place the weekend of June 27th and 28th in the Bay Area. One headliner is committed right now, and I am working on nailing down everything else. Some of you will like what I am doing - and Im sure that others of you will scratch your head and wonder what the hell Im thinking.

Thanks to all of you for your patience-- it will be rewarded!!

Glad to see your official post for BARFEST 2008! Looking forward to supporting another great festival this year! :headbang:

Cheers! :kickass:
Eric