Update

BARfest

Sep 9, 2003
Visit site
I know I have been fairly quiet over the past few months. I have had a number of things going on between losing my job and some other personal family issues. I have talked to a lot of the bands for the festival, and have things fairly lined up at this point. I have had several sponsors back out due to economic situations of their own. Right now it all comes down to working out the finances of the show between sponsors who can contribute, and what the cost of the bands are going to be given the recent reduction in airfare cost--

I understand that people are trying to plan their vacations for this year--I will try to get a date done in the next few weeks-- plan right now for May-- not sure of the exact date..

What I need you all to do is to help me out by indicating your desire to come, and also voting on some of the bands that I have in mind-- I am going to try to post some polls here to get some of your input.

Please post any comments you have here on this thread---
David

I know I have been fairly quiet over the past few months. I have had a number of things going on between losing my job and some other personal family issues. I have talked to a lot of the bands for the festival, and have things fairly lined up at this point. I have had several sponsors back out due to economic situations of their own. Right now it all comes down to working out the finances of the show between sponsors who can contribute, and what the cost of the bands are going to be given the recent reduction in airfare cost--

I understand that people are trying to plan their vacations for this year--I will try to get a date done in the next few weeks-- plan right now for May-- not sure of the exact date..

What I need you all to do is to help me out by indicating your desire to come, and also voting on some of the bands that I have in mind-- I am going to try to post some polls here to get some of your input.

Please post any comments you have here on this thread---
David

Hey Dave,

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time right now (me too, so I can sympathize). If the lineup is even half as good as last year, I'll be there.

Craig

I am so there!!! I wish I could fork up some green but my mortgage rules my financial life. But you know I will purchase my 2 day ticket as always and show up with a smile on my face and a beer in my hand and a willingness to run for pizzas!!! And My Friend Stan will be here again this year both nights! :D

Long Live Barfest!!