Update from John Petrucci

Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
Hello and an update! Hi everyone! Hope your summer is going as well as mine. Just a little update on what I've been up to lately. I know it's been some time since the last one! I've been enjoying some much needed time off since the end of D.T.'s Octavarium world tour this past April. It was quite a long tour as most of you know and we were fortunate enough not only to play in front of many familiar faces, but to brand new audiences around the world as well. Our forthcoming DVD from that tour titled "Score" will be out on August 29th and I'm really psyched about it! It was shot on the last date of the tour at Radio City Music Hall in NYC. I know a lot of you were there! Check out Mike Portnoy and myself hosting Metal Mania along with a special abbreviated preview of "Score" this weekend on VH1 Classic.

This summer I've been basically hanging out with my wife and kids enjoying the hot weather activities, working out and playing some guitar. Everything I love to do! In just a couple of weeks now I'll be back in the studio with the boys working on the next Dream Theater musical adventure. This fall I will also take part in two G3 tours: One in South America and the other in Australia. My first time down under! Both should be a lot of fun as always. Finally, the Ernie Ball crew and I have been finallizing the details on the next incarnation of the John Petrucci Music Man signature guitar and hope to announce its debut very soon. Two things worth mentioning that I've seen on the forum before I sign off that were both entertaining and interesting: One, all of the sick MFers playing TGP arps in everyway known to man! Way to go! Some really talented players out there. By the way, I'm up to playing them at 2000 bpms with my pinkie only while benching 300 with the other hand, so keep practicing! HaHa! The other is whoever made the parodies of my instructional video, those were hysterical! My family and friends got a kick out of them. Paul, thanks for everything! You're the man! Well, until next time, God Bless and keep practicing!

John

- http://66.179.182.17/forums/showthread.php?t=38600

Éric

I did a couple of CDs of DT and LTE stuff for a guy at work last night because he's thinking of going to G3 and hadn't heard of Petrucci. He liked the music, but hated the "god awful" James Labrie and, for some reason, said he sounded like a cross between Vince Neil and Chris Cornell.

Riiiight...