Update

Borknagar starts mixing on January 15th. CM needs 3 months to release the album so I guess we're looking at a late April release. Ehm, I better start working on a cover design...

On a personal note: I'm currently building a studio just outside Oslo so I'll soon be looking for bands to produce. It will be a recording studio only (KILLER drum studio!) - not for mixing. I'm also working on some solo stuff - a doom metal album and an extreme/thrash metal album (and possibly more). The music I write doesn't fit in Borkagar or Spiral Architect so I might as well do my own albums... Spiral Architect is soon starting to demo up new material (in my studio of course) which will keep me busy behind the drum kit, and also continue working on other projects I'm involved with; Grail (prog rock with Cornelius, Lazare and Tyr), Decode (technical extreme metal with Tyr) and Myoclon (as a producer). Also; check the new albums (just released or being released soon) on my label FaceFront: Scariot "Strange To Numbers" (did the cover design), Griffin "No Holds Barred", Keep Of Kalessin "Reclaim" (another cover design I did), Guardians Of Time "Machines Of Mental Design" and The Carburetors "Pain Is Temporary, Glory Is Forever". Upcoming releases I'm playing drums on are Vintersorg "The Focusing Blur" and Lunaris "Cyclic" (only one song).

- Asgeir "get a life" Mickelson

I can't wait for the new Borknagar album. I'm also extremely curious about who will be the new guitarist! Cool to hear about your new studio - is it south of Oslo, or North? (I'm from Østfold ;) )

Good to hear that you're involved in a lot of projects, as I am a big fan of your work (lyricswise, drumwise and when it comes to designing). I'm always interested in listening to what the guys involved with Borknagar put out! Good luck with all of your projects, Asgeir! :)

Good news!!The new masterpieces of BORKNAGAR and SPIRAL ARCHITECT are in my market list for the future!
Hei ASGEIR compliments for you drum style is majestic!The work of you and TYR in EMPIRICISM is a dream!

We'll post the release date as soon as we have it. Spiral haven't rehearsed in, well, 2 years or so but we're going to work on some new stuff later this month. I have absolutely no clue about when the next album will be released but there's going to be at least another 2 Borknagar-albums before the next Spiral Architect sees the light...

- Asgeir

asgeir said:
We'll post the release date as soon as we have it. Spiral haven't rehearsed in, well, 2 years or so but we're going to work on some new stuff later this month. I have absolutely no clue about when the next album will be released but there's going to be at least another 2 Borknagar-albums before the next Spiral Architect sees the light...

- Asgeir
Two more Borknagar albums before the new Spiral?????????? Good lord, well, at least you're honest, hehehe. At any rate, two more Borknagar albums is more than I could ever ask for. And I am sure that new Borknagar will be more than sufficient to chew on until the new Spiral comes. Thanks Asgeir, and best wishes to all of the many, many projects you are now involved in. Cheers, mate.

Holy crap dude, do you ever get any chance to chill out for a minute or what. Anyway, thanks for the indication on the new album release date, very anxious I am indead. The 'Grail' thing sounded quite interesting...definetely have to check out that one...considering that I'm a complete sucker for proggy stuff. Continue you wicked ways behind the drumkit (and the desinging too of course, nice job on the empiricism and In Harmonia Universali albums), Hailz!

We're starting to record the bass tonight and the mix will be done early next month. If you like "Empiricism" then you'll probably like the next one... I still have to make the cover... Ugh!

There are no plans for touring this year. Unless we get a DECENT offer we probably won't play live until 2005.

- Asgeir