Urban....... give some kudos to the rest of the band...

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
The harmonies produced on the guitars of Krunt and Daniel are amazing. Whereas most bands would simply double the guitar chords for a more "full" sound, often Krunt and Daniel play different chords or create chords by each using single notes. Anders and Peter also stand out as musicians.
Stay together guys. I am just one fan, but think of the possibilities....... you could split up, and at the same time, I could win the lottery and fly to Sweden with a baseball bat. :err: Keep kicking my ass with your music and the only people that get hurt are my neighbors. Ha ha ha ha.... just kidding guys. Long ive Tad Morose !!!

Bryant

Don't scare me like that Bryant! 8O

It'd break my musical heart if Tad Morose broke up, or if the main song writing team should part...

The guitar-work of Tad Morose is beautiful though Bryant, maybe I'm just obsessed with it because of being a guitarist myself but very rarely do I like a band whose guitar-work does not interest me... there are the rare bands where the keyboardist kicks everyones butt (and man does that annoy me) but in Tad Morose everything is in perfect balance. :}

Bryant said:
The harmonies produced on the guitars of Krunt and Daniel are amazing. Whereas most bands would simply double the guitar chords for a more "full" sound, often Krunt and Daniel play different chords or create chords by each using single notes. Anders and Peter also stand out as musicians.
Stay together guys. I am just one fan, but think of the possibilities....... you could split up, and at the same time, I could win the lottery and fly to Sweden with a baseball bat. :err: Keep kicking my ass with your music and the only people that get hurt are my neighbors. Ha ha ha ha.... just kidding guys. Long ive Tad Morose !!!

Bryant

I guess my comment could go into several threads, but here is as good as any.

To some of the guys/girls that got into TM more recently, may I recommend getting ALL the albums from the band, including the older ones. There isn't a bad one out there! Of course, with the first few, the genius that is Urban Breed (sure, that sounds like an ass-kissing statement, but it's a very sincere ass-kissing statement...lol) isn't present, but they're still worth getting. If for no other reason that Christer's excellent guitar work.

For those of you not familiar with TM's earlier work, there is more of a keyboard presence. I think Frippe's playing has a lush and "dreamy" tone, that contrasts very well with the crunchy guitars.

But the bottom line with all TM albums, is the great songwriting. So if you enjoy that, then check out all of their releases.

I like the almost progressive metal-ness of the first few records, and I like the straight ahead rocking of the more recent releases. But one that combines all aspects for me, is "A Mended Rhyme". This is easily one of my favorite albums ever, and Urban is on this one, so that's a bonus!..lol

"Rhyme" is the first TM album I heard, and it really got me into them, so even though I love all their stuff, that one has special meaning to me.

Keep up the great work Urban and the boys!

Billy A

WIntersReflection said:

It'd break my musical heart if Tad Morose broke up, or if the main song writing team should part...
The Louisville Slugger (brand of baseball bat) is at stand-by ha ha ha.

That band has some serious musicians through abd through though.

Bryant

WIntersReflection said:

The guitar-work of Tad Morose is beautiful though Bryant, maybe I'm just obsessed with it because of being a guitarist myself but very rarely do I like a band whose guitar-work does not interest me... there are the rare bands where the keyboardist kicks everyones butt (and man does that annoy me) but in Tad Morose everything is in perfect balance. :}

I am a guitarist, but I really like bands that show character in all of their members. It's not necessarily technical expertice as it can be simply "style." Though not a fan of The Crue, I think Mick Mars is an outstanding guitarist even though he is technically deficient. His style and tone is instantly recognizable. The same goes for Phil Rudd of AC/DC. Nobody will ever confuse Phil with Dave Lombardo. Phil just doesn't get "out of the pocket" much, but his timing is so pinpoint accurate and you could learn Dave's licks as easily as Phil's as far as playing them perfectly.
As far as a keyboardist "stealing the show," Gunter Werno of Vanden Plas changed my whole outlook on keys as an instrument, but the rest of the band is extremely talented as well, so though I think he is the best keyboardist out there, he doesn't overshadow the other guys.
I think TM does offer good balance. Every musician has good technical ability and "style." All of these guys I "recruited" from the oldschool forum didn't come here because I commanded them to do so. I' not THAT good.... yet :loco: They came over here because TM kicked them in the head. Don't get me wrong, the fact that I am vocal, opinionated and pushy to a degree probably helps, but I would lose credibility if I recommended shit bands. America simply doesn't get to hear music like TM releases. Many people think all Euro power metal bands sound like Helloween.

Bryant

rage4order said:
I guess my comment could go into several threads, but here is as good as any.

To some of the guys/girls that got into TM more recently, may I recommend getting ALL the albums from the band, including the older ones. There isn't a bad one out there!

Billy A
I plan on it. I am a fan of Urban's vocals and I doubt I will enjoy the other guy as much, but I do plan on checking their other stuff out. Some bands were lucky enough to have two (or more) solid line-ups. To go back to my "oldschool" roots Metal Church was a prime example. I preferred the Howe era, but hey I own all of the wayne era as well. It's all damned good stuff.

Bryant

Lol, I LIKE all of the band members to be in balance... its just that if instrument is not rocking as much as the rest... it had better not be the guitars. ;v)

Again, keyboardists CAN rule... but if they outdo the guitar-work then I have a problem to get over there before I can enjoy them without griping to myself, lol.

Tad Morose offers a perfect balance, everything is top notch... take a look at the Tad Morose section in my band page Winters Band Page (From her metal, art and fun quizzes site) I think you can pretty much see how crazy I am about their music... of course reading the reviews on THAT part of my site will do the same thing, lol. So I hope I didn't give the impression that I DON'T love Tad Morose's music. :v)

Good job anyway Bryant, you are almost as good at this as I am at getting people to listen to Crimson Glory, lol. ;v) (working on that with Tad Morose) Lol, don't worry too much about the pushiness in your case, it just brings out the pushiness in me. I'll tell ya if it offends me. :>D I think it's because you are so much fun to read.

I know its depressing... there was a time I thought metal was dead except for my band and Anathema... and as I'm not sure anyone else would even LIKE the strange stuff I play... :shrugs: But thats part of why I love the internet! :>D

Bryant said:
As far as a keyboardist "stealing the show," Gunter Werno of Vanden Plas changed my whole outlook on keys as an instrument, but the rest of the band is extremely talented as well, so though I think he is the best keyboardist out there, he doesn't overshadow the other guys.
I think TM does offer good balance. Every musician has good technical ability and "style." All of these guys I "recruited" from the oldschool forum didn't come here because I commanded them to do so. I' not THAT good.... yet :loco: They came over here because TM kicked them in the head. Don't get me wrong, the fact that I am vocal, opinionated and pushy to a degree probably helps, but I would lose credibility if I recommended shit bands. America simply doesn't get to hear music like TM releases. Many people think all Euro power metal bands sound like Helloween.
Bryant

WIntersReflection said:
Lol, I LIKE all of the band members to be in balance... its just that if instrument is not rocking as much as the rest... it had better not be the guitars. ;v)

Nothing wrong with a song or two in piano or keys, but loud aggressive guitar is a pre-requisite for metal music. It's just the way it is.

Again, keyboardists CAN rule... but if they outdo the guitar-work then I have a problem to get over there before I can enjoy them without griping to myself, lol.

I think it's ok for a band with a stud keyboardist to let him show his chops, but I think if the keys are the dominant sound of the band in general, I have a problem with that.

Tad Morose offers a perfect balance, everything is top notch... take a look at the Tad Morose section in my band page Winters Band Page (From her metal, art and fun quizzes site) I think you can pretty much see how crazy I am about their music... of course reading the reviews on THAT part of my site will do the same thing, lol. So I hope I didn't give the impression that I DON'T love Tad Morose's music. :v)

The lineup TM has is perfect for their style. When I made my post about Accept and Tad Morose it wasn't that the two sounded very much alike, but they offered the right and similar combinations for powerful metal. TM and Accept offer (offered in Accept's case) powerful vocalist, twin guitar attack, technical virtuosity without sacrificing song structure, great backing vocals, great drums and bass, keyboards used sparingly as an accent and a great blend of melody and aggression.

Good job anyway Bryant, you are almost as good at this as I am at getting people to listen to Crimson Glory, lol. ;v) (working on that with Tad Morose) Lol, don't worry too much about the pushiness in your case, it just brings out the pushiness in me. I'll tell ya if it offends me. :>D I think it's because you are so much fun to read.

I am a proud and opinionated man, but like everyone else, I want to be liked. I certainly am not here to step on people's toes. Just like on other forums, I am here to meet people and share opinions.

I know its depressing... there was a time I thought metal was dead except for my band and Anathema... and as I'm not sure anyone else would even LIKE the strange stuff I play... :shrugs: But thats part of why I love the internet! :>D
Well I am a Fuel fan (or at least a fan of their last release.) They are your basic radio rock band, but they just have a groove I can get into. There is nothing wrong with being multi-dimensional in your tastes.

Bryant

WIntersReflection said:
Why is the bat at stand by? :looks confused:

Can't you tell by talking to me on AIM, I am a big, mean and tough guy ? ^___~ (wink) If TM breaks up, I am flying over to Sweden and beat their brains into their neck if they split up. :loco:

Bryant

Lol, I would've but I didn't see you on at the time.

:Shrugs:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryant
Can't you tell by talking to me on AIM, I am a big, mean and tough guy ? ^___~ (wink) If TM breaks up, I am flying over to Sweden and beat their brains into their neck if they split up.
loco.gif

Bryant

Ha ha ha I am joking of course. Fighting is not one of my better skills. I am good enough at it I suppose if I have to, but only in self defense. I love me and will do anything in my power to protect the most important person in the world....... me, but if myself or my family isn't in danger I don't fool with it. I might break a nail or something. :err:

Bryant