US and Canadian doom

metu

Nov 21, 2002
MI, USA
Visit site
So who are your favorites and why?

I've heard some Pentagram and St. Vitus as well as some November's Doom. I like them all a lot. I don't know any more, though. I know, shame on me, but hell, a good doom discussion never hurt.... Don't matter who started it, eh?

Best American Doom/stonermetal Band, Would Have To Be With Out A Dout In My Mind, The Great Southern Stonermetal Band Eyehategod

I'm pretty sure that most doom metal fans know about doom-metal.com. I'm tryin' to get some conversation started here. Sometimes it's like pullin' teeth.

The last post reminds me of a term I read about a while ago. Southern sludge? Is southern stoner metal a different name for the same thing? Is there actually an unique feel to the groove?

souther sludge and southern stonermetal are the same just a different term like doom and eurodoom its the same to most people who arent into every doom band and genre in the music world

It is indeed an interesting idea.

Woods of Ypres, their new album has a slight doom influence. Very good stuff. Aside from North American doom... I'd just like to mention the band Worship. FANTASTIC funeral doom.

EVOKEN are great - also, there was a US band called Dusk -
great doom! To the best of my knowledge, the albums
are out of print as I had to really hunt them down.
Anyone intrested in hearing some let me know.