US/Canada Tour Part II

That's what I've heard. Too bad there are no decent outdoor festivals around here that I could go to, that would be great. All I've got down here in Louisiana is Mayhem (which comes close enough to me when they play Texas), but basically every band on that bill (except Megadeth and maybe two others) are terrible. Also there's Voodoo Fest but that's awful as well.

well mayhem 2. 3 years back wasnt bad, I only went for the main stage which was Dragonforce mastadon Disturbed and slipknot.

well mayhem 2. 3 years back wasnt bad, I only went for the main stage which was Dragonforce mastadon Disturbed and slipknot.

Yea, Mayhem 2009 (I think) with Cannibal Corpse, Behemoth, The Black Dahlia Murder, and Slayer didn't look terrible. Wasn't able to go though. Would have loved to have seen Slayer then. :( I don't if I would have wanted to sit through Killswitch Engage and Bullet for my Vallentine on the mainstage just to hear a 13 song Slayer set though. But I got to see them last year with Megadeth and Anthrax, so it was all good.

Also, as a side note, I'm hoping Cannibal Corpse plays an all ages show in New Orleans or Houston soon, as I have yet to see them live. But as for festivals, I plan on making it to Wacken when I turn 18. Only 3 more years...

Heading out to the Phoenix Concert Center in Toronto tonight for the show. Missed the last two shows in Toronto over the years, can't wait to finally see one of their shows. None of my buddies were able to go though, sucks to be them. First AA show too. :D

Got my tickets for the 27th..sucks all my friends bailed on me but hey,least I know I gonna have fun

You will see that you're not the only person without companionship. I visited two concerts of their last european tour. The first of them alone. I couldn't imagine to go alone to a concert. It was not that easy for me. But to watch Amon Amarth.... Felt a little oddly at the beginning. But I would do it again, it was so great! In any case your're right, you gonna have fun. :wave:

yeah going alone to a concert can suck at times, or be amazing, depending on the concert. AA is one of those concerts ill go to if it was literally going to kill me.

I am suffering from a really, really bad case of Post Johan Anticlimax Disorder. Sympoms: extremely sore neck, fatigue, loss of apetite, lethargy and partial loss of heart (part of the heart muscle has been removed with non surgical methods and is currently housed on a tour bus somewhere in the vicinity of Edmonton). Still, I am happy I got to see him again, but wish it could have been longer.
So much love from side of a sister! I'll show your post to my brother and my sister....! Apart from that, I'm suffering from the same disorder, but EVERY week. It's heavy.

Amon Amarth -- Pittsburgh, PA -- August 16th, 2011

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Set 1

War of the Gods
Töck's Taunt - Loke's Treachery Part II
Destroyer of the Universe
Slaves of Fear
Live Without Regrets
The Last Stand of Frej
For Victory or Death
Wrath of the Norsemen
A Beast I Am
Doom Over Dead Man

Set 2

Burning Creation
Without Fear
Victorious March
Amon Amarth
The Last With Pagan Blood
God His Son & Holy Whore
Legend of the Banished Man
As Long As The Raven Flies
Thousand Years of Oppression
Across The Rainbow Bridge
The Fate of Norns
Beheading of a King
Arson
Hermons Ride to Hell (Lokes Treachery)
Twilight of The Thunder God
The Hero
Live for the Kill

........... and i pretty much died and went to Valhalla after the show!

If someone offers me AA playing this setlist in exchange for killing somebody...I guess I would at least think about it :D

You will see that you're not the only person without companionship. I visited two concerts of their last european tour. The first of them alone. I couldn't imagine to go alone to a concert. It was not that easy for me. But to watch Amon Amarth.... Felt a little oddly at the beginning. But I would do it again, it was so great! In any case your're right, you gonna have fun. :wave:

I've even been to an All-Day Festival alone, so I guess I'm already used to that. Alway had my fun though ^^

oh man, AA tonight was FUCKING AWSOME! we got the exact same set as Vancouver did. Johan knows how to work a crowd.

first time for me: the whole crowd did a thank you chant for the band.

Last time my throat was this sore was Mayhem fest with Mastadon Dragonforce Disturbed and Slipknot on one stage, ugh. annoyed i didnt get the sweater i wanted, and missed out on catching a pick.

Just came back in town. What a beautiful journey it was. Here's some details, got there 7:30 pm, and got in at 8:30. Show started 9:35 playing the first full album which was just amazing, but didn't headbang much because I was saving it for the 2nd set. They took 15 min break and got back on stage for the 2nd set and oh god I creamed my pants on how epic it was. I enjoyed this show much more than the last time I saw them, probably because of my positioning and not much pushing was involved. I bumped into rouw316 at the beginning of the show, he took shitload of pictures that he should be posting soon. The set is the same as it's posted here. Like Lucien said, it was the first time seeing the crowed chanting Thank You few times it was pretty sweet.

Highlights:
Amon Amarth energy.
Amon Amarth set.
Security passing cold water.
Got a pick! :D
At last met someone from this forum
Didn't have a bad case of neck stiffness next morning

Downlights:
Was expecting to see guitars with graphics on them, sadly they didn't have those :/
Was standing in front of the speakers on the right side, it kept vibrating my nose and my mustache hair. I spent a good time in the concert scratching my nose, it was really itchy.
No air condition. I easily lost 15 pounds of sweat there.
No coat check so I had to keep an eye on my bag that was full of merch all the time. (I suggest buying the merch, putting it in your car and going back in)

Overall, it was an unreal experience that I'd do over and over again any day.

oh you fucker, you got a pick! I was there trying too, but I didnt end up catching one. oh well, next time!

edit: I didnt save myself for the second set, I already have this whole week set for relaxation and recovery cuz I knew Id sing EVERY word of EVERY song played. AA is just too good not to so my necks super stiff and I cant speak!

edit 2: and that could have been done, but did you read the note on the door at the pheonix? all exits are final there