US Housing Market Faggotry

my street

DSCN0106.jpg

my house about 2 years ago. the front yard looks considerably different now. $152,000 house in The Woodlands, TX.

DSCN0105.jpg

and for good measure, the halloween party at my neighbors about 2 years ago:

DSCN0131.jpg

Here's the thing about Texas and almost all red states: people from blue states don't want lower salaries. Now, if the cost of living balanced out then yeah, less salary would balance out with less day-to-day expenses.

Now, while housing costs less, what about schooling, gas, groceries, clothes, even cars? You saying that a Audi TT in Houston, TX is going to cost substantially less than an Audi TT in Trenton, NJ?

Try this calc Ali
http://www.yourmortgagecalculator.com/

Depending on how much you owe, even a small percentage increase can make a dent in your paycheck.

Let me ask a dumb question....

Since I'm re-financing to buy a new mortgage, am I technically putting in any downpayment? All these calculators are asking what your downpayment is, as if you're buying actual property but all I'm doing is shifting from one loan to another at a different APR% rate. Does that make sense?

wtf? ...

you don't put anything in the downpayment field.
I think you would just put in what you owe in the amount financed field ... I would think your current "payoff" amount

someone correct me if I am wrong.

next time we meet, and my friend Chris is with me ... talk to him and watch him kick stuff and then cry about the very same thing he was forced to do a few months back.

Here's the thing about Texas and almost all red states: people from blue states don't want lower salaries. Now, if the cost of living balanced out then yeah, less salary would balance out with less day-to-day expenses.

Now, while housing costs less, what about schooling, gas, groceries, clothes, even cars? You saying that a Audi TT in Houston, TX is going to cost substantially less than an Audi TT in Trenton, NJ?

i believe it balances out. gas here 2 days ago was about $2.65 or something.

when i went to new york i couldnt believe how expensive it was. $5.99 for a fucking WHopper. give me a break. $5.99 buys an entire fast food meal plus dessert

EDIT: try this: http://www.bankrate.com/brm/movecalc.asp granted it's based on averages

whopper meal maybe ...

i don't eat at burger king.

although I would not be surprised if they charge that at the locations smack in the middle of tourist trap Times Square

my street

DSCN0106.jpg

my house about 2 years ago. the front yard looks considerably different now. $152,000 house in The Woodlands, TX.

DSCN0105.jpg

and for good measure, the halloween party at my neighbors about 2 years ago:

DSCN0131.jpg

a) notice in first pic the lack of sidewalks ... i noticed this in a lot of Southern states ... does nobody walk there?

b) your house is awesome! ... with todays market value ... I would say a similar one here would be close to a mil

c) the referee is giving me a stifeeee ... who is she?

Re: a) no neighborhood built from 1945 on has sidewalks. It's because Americans don't walk ANYWHERE, we drive. Believe it or not, but it's the "greatest generation" who has destroyed this nation by centering society around the automobile and creating consumerism. In a typical American city, you don't walk to your neighborhood grocery store or hardware store, you drive 10 miles to Super Wal Mart and Home Depot. Small towns no longer exist because of this phenomenon. A handful of corporations own America because of this phenomena. It's very sad and very disturbing.

*rant over*

Anwyay, yeah, J.s subdivision is typical

On another note: I've been told by someone more knowledgeable than myself that if you're going to buy a house, get a 1940s-1960s ranch. Nothing is built more solidly. Houses today are shit. For one, they're built by people who don't even speak fucking English and for another, they're slapped up as fast as possible.

Surprisingly, the two neighborhoods I grew up in, both in Sugar Land, TX (east side of Houston where my parents dwell) both had sidewalks. THat is the one thing I miss in the neighborhood. However, the area does have sidewalks and trails along major neighborhood streets.

No, the referee is not my wife. She was some hot chick at the party. I wish she would have swam in the pool.

Re: a) no neighborhood built from 1945 on has sidewalks. It's because Americans don't walk ANYWHERE, we drive. Believe it or not, but it's the "greatest generation" who has destroyed this nation by centering society around the automobile and creating consumerism. In a typical American city, you don't walk to your neighborhood grocery store or hardware store, you drive 10 miles to Super Wal Mart and Home Depot. Small towns no longer exist because of this phenomenon. A handful of corporations own America because of this phenomena. It's very sad and very disturbing.

School buses.

If you have a sidewalk outside your house, the school bus isn't obliged to pick up or drop off your kids.

If no sidewalk, it's mandatory.

So at some point in America's history, parents grouped together to decide against sidewalks so their kids could get to school without needing to be taxi'd by their moms/dads.

At least, this is true for Rockland County, NY.

wtf? ...

you don't put anything in the downpayment field.
I think you would just put in what you owe in the amount financed field ... I would think your current "payoff" amount

someone correct me if I am wrong.

yeah, it comes out wrong

the calculator doesn't have a way of taking state/county taxes into account

it's estimating my property taxes at about $2K per year :lol: :lol: :lol:

i pay $12K per year on property tax!!!