Vehemence Complete Us Tour!

Jan 8, 2002
vehemence.brutaldeath.net
TOUR IS COMPLETE!!!
Well we made it, completed our first US tour! Thanks to Dead to Fall, Decapitated, Impaled, and Incantation for being such cool dudes. It was an honor for us to tour with such great bands! Here is a quick rundown on how the shows turned out for us.. Enjoy.
-Bjorn

Columbus, OH @ Al Villa Rosa
Hometown for some of the Incantation dudes... First show of the tour and I brake 2 strings. Go me. I had a back up guitar, but I let Vogg (Decapitated) use it, since his guitar got lost at the airport. His guitar was found a few days later though. Overall, not a bad show and a decent response.

Milwaukee , WI @ US Cellular Arena
The world famous Milwaukee Metalfest! It was at a rather large venue. All the label's had thier booths set up, with lots of great merchandise that is hard to find. We played on the Digital Metal stage, at 4:20, ironic. We played a mixed set of old, current, and new shit. We fucked up a new song, "You Don't Have To Be Afraid Anymore" pretty badly. Good thing people don't know that song yet though, as no one but us noticed. Apparently we even sold out of all our God Was Created discs at the Metalblade booth. Also met a lot of band people. Overall, Metalfest was pretty damn cool.

Woodbridge, NJ @Packee's Pub
The Packee's Pub was a 21 and over show, and our first with the whole complete tour package. It was a small show, maybe about 30 or 40 people. New Jersey has some shitty ass weather, non stop sweating.

Brooklyn, NY @ North Six
Wow, this was a fun show. A good turn out, and very energetic audience. My sister was at this show, so that was pretty cool to see her. Met some crazy ass people too. Good times.

Providence, RI @ The Met Cafe
Very awesome show, great crowd response. Some old friends like NHDMK were there as well, showing their support.

Philadelphia, PA @ The Balcony Bar
This venue was upstairs, which made loading gear a pain in the ass. A very quiet evening.

Cleveland, OH @ Agora Theatre
This was the "world series of metal". For a world series, it had a pretty small turn out. There were kids moshing to us though, that was cool. I think a fight even broke out during our set.

Buffalo, NY @ Classic Roxx
We showed up a little late to this show. For that, we got "punished" and had to play last. That kinda sucked, cuz the first 2 bands were using our gear, so we kinda had to set up and break down our shit twice. Fuck that. Then we finally played, and the power kept shutting out on my amp and Mark's amp. Half our shit wasn't even going through the house PA. That sound guy was on crack. Oh yeah, this was the first night Nate did "Mandatory Suicide" with Decapitated.

LIma, OH @ The Firehouse
I never even heard of Lima. Small town, but it was still a great show. Good vibes all around.

St Louis, MO @ Creepy Crawl
This was a medium sized show. met some cool people as well. Good times.

Indianapolis, IN @ Emerson Theatre
Big venue, small crowd. Oh well. Thanks to the fellas in Amongst The Swarm for giving us a place to crash for the night.

Detroit, MI & I- Rock
Good show, great sound on stage. Thanks soundman.

Aurora, IL @ Rockhouse
Good crowd, and also the last show Dead To Fall did for the tour. Nice meeting those guys, they are a great band.

Springfield, IL @ the Basement
Someone's house, in their basement. What promoter would book a house??? Anyways, it was an interesting house, with a coffin, and ghouls decorated throughout. Some very interesting people in this town. We played in the basement of this house, only about 10 people could fit in the room. Ross from Impaled taught me how to blow fire this night. And I remember Mark getting really really really drunk.

Dallas, TX @ Canyon Club
THis sucked. We show up to the venue, and our show got cancelled. No notice, no nothing. The flashing marquee outside still mentioned our show too. Gay bullshit, and I'm sorry for any of the fans that showed up to the venue. It was definately out of our hands. All of us wanted this show to happen.

Houston, TX @ Cardi's 2000
It was cool to play here again. Saw a lot of familiar faces. Thanks to Walker for letting us stay at his place.

Laredo, TX @ Saigon Plaza
Vietnamese Cuisine by day, Death metal club by night. We arrive this vietnamese restaurant, and are like, "what the fuck?" But when the restaurant closed, they hooked up the PA and cleared out all the tables. Our set was once again plagued, as the PA cut out on us. A few times actually. I hate that shit. This was the last show Incantation did on the tour. Andy and Mark tied a blow up doll with an SOD jacket on to the back of their van, so they drove with that shit dragging behind, great stuff. Loredo is a border town, and the border patrol caught them!! Hehe, they didn't get in trouble though, the officers even took pictures with the doll!

San Fransisco, CA @ The Pound
Great turn out, one of the better shows on the tour. Andy's double bass pedal broke at this show which sucks. This show also had Exhumed and Dragonlord on the bill.

Corona, CA @ Showcase Theatre
Great show! Last show of the tour, and what a way to end it. Saw some old friends, and said our goodbyes to our friends in Decapitated and Impaled. It was great touring together !

There are already plans for another tour, as soon as we get details we'll post them up. Peace out.