US Power/Thrash

Ator

big damn hero
Oct 6, 2008
I'm in a US power phase right now, and I was hoping I could get some recommendations on good bands in that style (other than the obvious)I've been listening to a ton of Tad Morose and some Dark Empire, and would be interested in finding some more stylistically darker power metal.

yeah, nevermore is petty sweet-but there's something about them that rubs the wrong way with me, can't figure it out. Sanctuary's cool, I really dig old-school stuff. Any more recommendations?

I know that. Ator and I were joking about this earlier. He predicted that there would be two dumbass posts - one recommending Iced Earth and one pointing out that Tad Morose were European (thus missing the point).

Night of the Stormrider has a cool, cheesy dark fantasy vibe and some good tunes. To prevent further confusion, by "besides the obvious" I meant iced earth. And I do know Tad Morose are from Bolnas, Sweden (and all the cooler for it) As for nevermore, I'm not sure they bore me, I think the vocals might be the problem. They are cool, and they fit the music, but I prefer stuff a bit more soaring/epic, i.e. Urban Breed\m/

keep 'em coming

I actually prefer the remixes that Owens did with Something Wicked This Way Comes over the originals. But overall I enjoy Barlow better.