US TOUR CANCELLED AGAIN

liama -"The best part is that the Paradise Artisits site stille shows the gigs as valid. I mean this guy must be right twat....Hence the name Hyman!"

heavy mettle- "! I wouldn't be surprised if osama bin laden gets into the U.S. before Saxon does! That motherfucker is probaly already here.That's why they can't find him! He's at fuckin Double D's getting a lap dance"

HAHA, funny shit

EarthSkynSea said:
devil,
so are those 300 fans per gig too blame for the state of metal in America?? Id have more respect for the band if they outright said "its basically all about money, and Touring N .America isn't feasable for us -$$$$ instead of this tour on again/off again bullsh1t.

You're right...I'd like it if they were honest too! They might as well say it - poor ticket sales = no show in the US

But I don't think those 300 die hard fans are to blame, they are the true metalheads! The people to blame are the ones who go see shit like Metallica with the Symphony Orchestra and System Of A Down...total sellouts in my opinion. There really aren't any true metal tours in the states anymore. They all play at small venues.

EarthSkynSea said:
another thing

who is this Mark Hyman guy . Why is he contacting a metal tabloid like blabbermouth with this info? This new should be posted on the bands official website 1st and foremost! who's fault is that? management? bands? webmasters? promoters?. this was posted almost 3 hrs ago on blabbermouth, and the bands site still says sweet FA

We have had this for years. Whoevers fault it is, the bands or the management, the lack of info on the OFFICIAL Saxon website is totally pathetic. There can't be another official website who treats their own fans so shabbily. I feel sorry for everyone who has lost money on airfares and hotels.

For some reason Blabbermouth are always first to know what is going on with Saxon. So if they are saying the tour is cancelled, then you can be pretty sure that the tour is cancelled.

exiled yorkie said:
Take it from a brit who lives in NJ,USA and has had to deal with US immigration in order to get visa's/green card etc for years, it doesnt take that long to get a work permit if you do the paperwork right. I smell a rat myself and expect this is actually due to poor ticket sales. You can forget them coming in march, they will blame it on snow or something.

I agree. I am from Spain, also living in NJ and if you pay a fucking $ 1,000 fee you can get the visa in 15 days. The tour was probably not profitable, not too many venues and not too many people to cover expenses, I guess, although if I think about it, Sodom is coming to the US to play a very small amount of shows...:confused:

Paxoman said:
We have had this for years. Whoevers fault it is, the bands or the management, the lack of info on the OFFICIAL Saxon website is totally pathetic. There can't be another official website who treats their own fans so shabbily. I feel sorry for everyone who has lost money on airfares and hotels.

For some reason Blabbermouth are always first to know what is going on with Saxon. So if they are saying the tour is cancelled, then you can be pretty sure that the tour is cancelled.

Yeah, does this website actually ever update?

Paxo, your right.

Blabbermouth is always on the pulse of Saxon news. I am often reading something about Saxon on there and those posts usually get a good number of replys from the "blabbertwats". Maybe this is why Mark Hyman contacted them 1st. Maybe he knows how useless the bands website can be

Heavy Mettle said:
This is fuckin amazing! This is the THIRD time Saxon cancelled a show After I had tickets! First time a few years ago for Obsessions in N.J. then B.B. King's
for this past Tuesday.NOW THIS SHIT! THAT'S IT,I AM NO LONGER BUYING TIX IN ADAVANCE! When you (Saxon management) look at poor ticket sales for future events it will be because WE DON'T KNOW IF YOU'LL SHOW UP! DON'T ANNOUNCE TICKETS UNTIL YOU ARE POSITIVELY COMING!

I blame Saxon for lack of communication for not putting this on their website AS SOON AS THEY KNEW (it's still not there!) ,their FUCKIN MANAGER AND THE U.S. GOVERNMENT FOR THIS!
We have all kinds of vermin,criminals,skells and other pieces of shit crawling and swimming to this country EVERY FUCKIN DAY! Yet,a group that has 20+ albums can't get a FUCKIN VISA FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS!! What the fuck?!!!
THIS IS FUCKIN PATHETIC! I wouldn't be surprised if osama bin laden gets into the U.S. before Saxon does! That motherfucker is probaly already here.That's why they can't find him! He's at fuckin Double D's getting a lap dance!

first off.... I love the avie! :D

I called DD's last night and spoke to the guy who sold me the ticket and he told me "unofficially" that the gig was cancelled (entire tour) but didn't really want to say anything until it was officially announced (which it has) and they are giving refunds.

He told me too that the other 2 bands are still playing if I was still interested...........yeah right:err:

I was told that the ticket sales wasn't the problem at all but rather with immigration but you'd figure after they had these problems months back they'd have things ironed out but I guess not.

The site doesn't help by posting as they are VERY SLOW. I think they could easily check this board to find out what's going on with their own tour :lol:

What we are feeling is the ripple effect from 9/11 with all these new laws and stuff BUT you'd figure seeing how England has backed this country in the Middle East that they'd be less apt to give those coming from their grief then say someone from Iraq, Iran, Syria or Saudi Arabia:err:

Nice way to thank a country who helped us I guess? a few blokes can't even enter the country to make a few bucks and make a few people here happy.

I think it even sucks that we have some homegrown bands whgo can't even tour here as wello_O I emailed the site manager for a band called RIOT and when I mentioned about possibly touring with SAXON (this was months and months ago) he told me his record label would only allow RIOT an amount of $250.00 per/man per show.

He did tell me that SAXON charges around $36,000 per/show so maybe we all can chip in :tickled:

I just got a call from Ticketmaster. They said the event I had purchased on Nov. 4th has been canceled.

I guess that solidifies no PA show.
Errrrrgh!

this is saxonator from germany

i am feeling with you - very sorry about what happens to my saxonfans over the ocean

i am so sorry that this happens - nothing happens...

biff said that some changes will be made on the website - it´s time now...

i wanna say:

thanx to the official site for always keeping the fans informed

thanx to the webmaster to keep the fans up to date

thanx to blubbermouth to make the webmaster´s job

thanx to the management of saxon to do nothing

thanx for the many updates on the "official" site

thanx to let the saxonfans buy planetickets and and book hotels for fun

thanx to represent saxon online so wonderful

thanx for nothing

thanx.jpg

I will not spend another nickel on Saxon music or otherwise till I see some respect from the band for their American fans.If you book a gig in a hall that holds 200 people dont be surprised when you sell 200 tickets.This sounds like a Schenker story all over again.And dont bs me about the state of music in this country or visa problems.In the last three months I have seen UFO,KROKUS,JUDAS PRIEST,THE OUTLAWS(incredible)DERRINGER,MOUNTAIN,GRAND FUNK,EDGAR WINTER,and ANTHRAX. They were all able to find thier way to the stage.Saxon,you owe us bigtime.

SAXONATOR said:
this is saxonator from germany

i am feeling with you - very sorry about what happens to my saxonfans over the ocean

i am so sorry that this happens - nothing happens...

biff said that some changes will be made on the website - it´s time now...

i wanna say:

thanx to the official site for always keeping the fans informed

thanx to the webmaster to keep the fans up to date

thanx to blubbermouth to make the webmaster´s job

thanx to the management of saxon to do nothing

thanx for the many updates on the "official" site

thanx to let the saxonfans buy planetickets and and book hotels for fun

thanx to represent saxon online so wonderful

thanx for nothing

thanx.jpg

Now,that's a finger!

25 years of being a fan and at least they could have let us know a few days ago that they weren't coming to the States. They cancelled when I was younger, we were going to Buffalo to see the Denim and Leather tour I think. They cancelled or got booted off Crue's Shout tour in Toronto. A few years back they cancelled a show in Detroit we were going to see. And now this shit. I am stupid. I am a die hard and have supported them through the years and remained dedicated to Heavy Metal (bought vintage shirts from their site this week). Biff mentions how loyal the fans are on the Chronicles dvd. Well you treated us very poorly this time around. This is bullshit. Biff, you owe the fans in North America big time!! A 3 hour show for starters and autographs and pictures afterwards, at least. THE SACRIFICE MANY OF US MAKE because of work and family commitments is huge. Don't take us for granted. The forthcoming apology will be too late now so don't bother.

Rockandrollsteve

Whoever said the thing about UFO and Krokus Priest etc. etc. is right. UFO is also from overseas and they toured everywhere with Vinnie Moore this past summer. I saw them twice and they were excellent. If they can do it how come Saxon cant? You can't tell me UFO was anymore popular in the states than Saxon was! I mean UFO always had Chicago as a stronghold, and Saxon usually always could count on Texas...well up until now probably...

rockandrollsteve said:
25 years of being a fan and at least they could have let us know a few days ago that they weren't coming to the States. They cancelled when I was younger, we were going to Buffalo to see the Denim and Leather tour I think. They cancelled or got booted off Crue's Shout tour in Toronto. A few years back they cancelled a show in Detroit we were going to see. And now this shit. I am stupid. I am a die hard and have supported them through the years and remained dedicated to Heavy Metal (bought vintage shirts from their site this week). Biff mentions how loyal the fans are on the Chronicles dvd. Well you treated us very poorly this time around. This is bullshit. Biff, you owe the fans in North America big time!! A 3 hour show for starters and autographs and pictures afterwards, at least. THE SACRIFICE MANY OF US MAKE because of work and family commitments is huge. Don't take us for granted. The forthcoming apology will be too late now so don't bother.

Rockandrollsteve

Hey what tour and date was it when they canceled the gig in Detroit? Do you remember? I was planning to see them in Pittsburgh and Indianapolis when they pulled the same shit a few years back.

(just a nod to Pete Gill, "Dobby" Dawson, and Graham Oliver - here's your chance to come to the states and start playing some old Saxon Stuff!)