US TOUR 2009

Hypocrisy is one of my favorite bands, but it's bullshit that they can't keep their fans informed on the current tour situation. I couldn't care less about Ensiferum, so if Hypocrisy isn't playing on 12/4, then I don't want to be there.

Some dude at metalsetlists posted this:

"As for Hypocrisy: they are selling merch there, and hell their drummer and bassist ARE there, just that Peter can't get in with his visa troubles. The merch guy said that there was a small error in the spelling of Peter's name that they corrected and US Customs went batshit crazy over that shit. So who knows if they will actually play the tour."

So it seems its all about the spelling of his name, haha... fucking ridiculas.

thats beyond gay.
for fucks sake

edit : let this fucking tour die, so Hypocrisy will come back and HEADLINE a N-A tour for Spring 2010
WINNERY

really people, face it, this tour is SHIT, Hypocrisy stuck in the middle of nothing worth it

Amazing. I had this same problem a few years ago, my ticket said Nikki while my ID said Nicole.

NICOLE ISN'T MY GODDAMNED NAME! It's just that way because the stupid hospital didn't know how to pronounce a Greek name and put Nicole on my birth certificate.

:mad:

This was posted on Bravewords.com a few hours ago:

BraveWords.com sources say that while guitarist Mikael Hedlund and drummer Horgh (also of IMMORTAL fame) actually made it through immigration and have been sitting idle in the US for the better part of two weeks, the inability of HYPOCRISY frontman/founder Peter Tägtgren to clear up the fiasco in a timely manner has resulted in Hypocrisy dropping off all remaining dates. The two orphaned musicians have returned home. Whether any Hypocrisy North American dates will eventually take place remains up in the air at this point.

So I guess it is all Peter's fault-according to those guys...

Lovely, so I guess this means skipping the NY date,too.

I hope it's not true that they're dropping off the tour entirely. I was really looking forward to seeing Hypocrisy.

On a sidenote: Fuck US immigration.
Out of curiosity, I wouldn't mind knowing if they were having the same problems with Canadian immigration as well.