US TOUR CANCELLED AGAIN

liama

well said,

even my non Saxon fan friends were pissed we got shafted. 1 said "and your still a fan of these guys?"

RayNJ said:
the venues themselves, especially DD`s in NJ will tell you that the show is on until you arrive at the door. They figure that if people came out without knowing they might stop inside anyway and spend a few bucks. Until I see cancellations on this site here, I`m still going. I will not however, spend one dime at the place if it is cancelled.
Not true. DD's called us and told us Thursday night.
Getting your wife to let you see Saxon... $100.00
Putting your pets in a kennel... $135.00
Dry cleaning your Saxon shirt... $ 4.50
Condoms... $15.00
Airline tickets... $300.00
Hotel Reservations... $200.00
Single dollar bills for topless dancers at D.D.'s...$125.00

Saxon tickets... WORTHLESS

For everything else there's Mastercard
Heh, great post. Hope those were some mighty good condoms. Oh well, they may come in useful later, no?

Hey we made Blabbermouth..

COMMENT | DAMAGE CONTROL
posted by : BreakerMetal
11/4/2005 6:01:55 PM

not surprised, their message board was inundated by angry fans who lost $ flying out from all points to see them. it was a real Saxon bashfest.
come to Canada fuckers

and..

COMMENT | FUCK YOU THOMAS JENSEN
posted by : AMIGOINGTOHAVETOCHOKEABITCH?
11/4/2005 6:16:08 PM

YOU FUCKING SUCK A THOUSAND TIMES OVER. YOURE A FUCKING JOKE OF A MANAGER AND YOUR BAND IS A FUCKING RELIC OF DAYS GONE BY. I WILL NEVER SUPPORT ANOTHER VENTURE YOU ARE INVOLVED WITH AGAIN.

and..

COMMENT | OUTSTANDING POST ON SAXONS SITE
11/4/2005 6:23:12 PM

Getting your wife to let you see Saxon... $100.00
Putting your pets in a kennel... $135.00
Dry cleaning your Saxon shirt... $ 4.50
Condoms... $15.00
Airline tickets... $300.00
Hotel Reservations... $200.00
Single dollar bills for topless dancers at D.D.'s...$125.00

Saxon tickets... WORTHLESS

For everything else there's Mastercard

AND EVERY OTHER BAND I MIGHT ADD

and...

COMMENT | amigo
posted by : Kull
11/4/2005 8:56:35 PM

SAXON TOURED ITALY

check out pics here,

they can recognize a EMTAL COUNTRY when they see one.

Too bad they don't want to tour the u.s.

too much washed up glam rockers and wigga nu metallers there.

http://www.split.it/users/tif/index.html

Kull.

Maybe we are not alone. However, the "Kull" guy can suck my sweaty, hairy balls!

Regrards,

A member of the great American unwashed masses

The same thing happened to UFO this year!! Pete Way wasn't allowed into the US because of a drug conviction there in 1972 or something. So the tour was cancelled. The 'process' of doing these security checks seems to be the problem as I've heard it has affected more bands trying to organise American Tours. (But if the management know the problems with organising the visas, they should look into it earlier so it's done & dusted in time for the tour!)

Here's what happened to UFO for their tour, and this is no bull, I know Pete Way personally, he told me what had happened so this isn't just a manager covering his ass!!!

But it shows you whats happening at the moment with regards artists getting into America

"Dear Purchasers:
"Today, the U.S. Embassy in London refused Phil Mogg, UFO's lead singer, a Work Permit Visa. As you may know, without a Work Permit Visa, no non-American is able to work (i.e. performing a commercial concert) in the United States. This seriously impacts our upcoming U. S. tour (April 22 through May 16, 2004)
"The band members all applied for their Work Permits (as usual) several weeks before the U. S. tour was to begin. Their Work Permits were approved and ISSUED on March 9, 2004 by the Bureau Of Citizenship and Immigration Services, located in the United States. Due to the new immigration and Work Permit laws, it is now also necessary for the applicant to attend a personal interview, in his home country, at the U.S. Embassy. During Phil's interview, today, in London, England, his name turned up in the government computer. The comment was that 'at some time in the past' his finger prints were taken while in the USA. When, where and why was not disclosed.

"It is true, Phil's finger prints were taken in the USA 24 years ago (!!) in Buffalo, New York. The Immigration Authority did not think, at that time, his Visa was adequate so this fingerprinting occurred. His Visa was then reissued, straight away, and everything was in order. During the intervening 24 years, Phil has returned to the USA 12 times on Work and Visitors Visas. Unfortunately, the only thing that matters now is that finger prints were taken. Under current immigration law, whether impacted by the war or not, a person having been finger printed promptly ceases the Visa clearance process.

Finger prints now have to be retaken from Phil. They are sent to the FBI and, according to the information we have been given, only when the FBI gives their approval, will it be possible for Phil to acquire a Work Permit Visa. This procedure, the Embassy advises, can take from 2 to 12 weeks.

The band is, therefore, forced to postpone its tour until this matter is resolved.

We all respect that the United States must protect itself. We will, of course, cooperate. We are, however, puzzled and very perplexed at this unhappy last minute surprise.

We hope, with all our hearts, that you will understand and join with us in the rescheduling process."

Sincerely,

Peter Knorn (UFO management)

liama said:
COMMENT | FUCK YOU THOMAS JENSEN
11/4/2005 6:16:08 PM

YOU FUCKING SUCK A THOUSAND TIMES OVER. YOURE A FUCKING JOKE OF A MANAGER AND YOUR BAND IS A FUCKING RELIC OF DAYS GONE BY.

Steady on!! Ok, it does sound like the Band's management are a bunch of tossers - but "your band is a fucking relic of days gone by"??

Hardly!! I'd like to see any new bands play for two hours solid! I've seen gigs where the band only played for 45 mins! And if they are from days gone by, why do so many people still want to see them, willing to travel hundreds of miles at great expense, just to see them?! Not many bands have been, or will be, around as long as Saxon!!

I think it is disgusting that you have all been let down again, but there is no need for personal digs about the band themselves, is there?

I got married in 99 in massachusetts to an american and applied for a grean card. At that time, the timeframe to recieve your full green card was around 3 years. I should have got my full green card in 02. However we all know what happened 9/11 and it is true the immigration process has slowed down. My full green card arrived in 2004. Marriage is the quickest route to get a green card also.

Saxon's lawyer/manager are totally to blame, in this post 9/11 immigration environment, you must allow more time to get your immigration stuff together or pay large amounts of money to immigration to speed things up.

Sammi951 said:
Hardly!! I'd like to see any new bands play for two hours solid! I've seen gigs where the band only played for 45 mins! And if they are from days gone by, why do so many people still want to see them, willing to travel hundreds of miles at great expense, just to see them?! Not many bands have been, or will be, around as long as Saxon!!
I fully agree with Sammi951 here! Imagine a day when there will be no Saxon anymore.. Music-enjoy-life for me is over then for a big part...I am proud of the Saxon-musicians... this canceling-matter doesn't affect their quality at all and of course not my support of such a great band! I am Loyal because they deserve it...because of the criterium Quality, endurence and good feeling in their music and contents of the lyrics:cool:

How many times are you going to wake up with a wet head on a sunny day before you realize you are being pissed on.Your blind devotion to the band has clouded the fact that the most loyal fans were hurt by this nonsense.The ones that bought airline tickets,hotel rooms,show tickets and arranged to take time off from work.If Saxon band members gave a shit about any of their American fans there would already be a message from somebody on the website.I am only out 23 bucks and I dont have time to cry about it because in the next month or two Pat Travers,Michael Schenker,George Lynch,Aerosmith,Yngwie,Blue Oyster Cult and the Outlaws will all be heading to Upstate New York and I will be busy enjoying myself.My Saxon discs are now stacked behind my KC and the Sunshine Band albums and thats a long way away from my cd player.Steve

spaster said:
If Saxon band members gave a shit about any of their American fans there would already be a message from somebody on the website.

A disrespect from Saxon to the probably most loyals fans, that's how I see it. It would have been (and still is) so easy for any of them to post a brief message... hardcore fans forgive and forget, at least I'd do it.

spaster said:
How many times are you going to wake up with a wet head on a sunny day before you realize you are being pissed on.Your blind devotion to the band has clouded the fact that the most loyal fans were hurt by this nonsense.The ones that bought airline tickets,hotel rooms,show tickets and arranged to take time off from work.If Saxon band members gave a shit about any of their American fans there would already be a message from somebody on the website.I am only out 23 bucks and I dont have time to cry about it because in the next month or two Pat Travers,Michael Schenker,George Lynch,Aerosmith,Yngwie,Blue Oyster Cult and the Outlaws will all be heading to Upstate New York and I will be busy enjoying myself.My Saxon discs are now stacked behind my KC and the Sunshine Band albums and thats a long way away from my cd player.Steve
I'd contest your claim to being the 'most loyal fans' anyway. I've travelled all over Europe with no tickets or guarantee the gig would be on and there's nutters far worse than me! It may have been handled badly but I think George Dubbya has some responsibility here. Like Mad Dan said it's a fucking nightmare trying to get in.(BTW Where does Ozzy stand these days after pissing on the Alamo etc? He'd have no chance of getting back in!). I'm sure they'll make it up to you all in good time. Patience amigos! I hope the inclusion of Michael Schenker in your list of 'dependables' was supposed to be ironic? Otherwise you may be needing to register on his website as well to spread your joy!:headbang:

bert said:
I'd contest your claim to being the 'most loyal fans' anyway. I've travelled all over Europe with no tickets or guarantee the gig would be on and there's nutters far worse than me! It may have been handled badly but I think George Dubbya has some responsibility here. Like Mad Dan said it's a fucking nightmare trying to get in.(BTW Where does Ozzy stand these days after pissing on the Alamo etc? He'd have no chance of getting back in!). I'm sure they'll make it up to you all in good time. Patience amigos! I hope the inclusion of Michael Schenker in your list of 'dependables' was supposed to be ironic? Otherwise you may be needing to register on his website as well to spread your joy!:headbang:

Hey, all we are asking was a little consideration which still has not been forthcoming. I don't care if you travelled a million miles to see them, it means shit to most of us. They showed disrespect by not informing us properly. It isn't a big deal till someone makes it one. If the band could just tell us in advance and be forthcoming we would understand. But to hide and not even offer up a post on their site is ridiculous. I give them credit on one point. they have great shirts to choose from, the best.

rockandrollsteve

Figure this... and someone else in on previous post did the math too:

Figure round numbers...(disclaimer I'm making this all up):

10 venues. 300 people. $20 tickets. 3 bands.
Figure Saxon's opening.
So thats 50% for the venue....
If you think I'm exagerating then fill in your own math or open your own venue.
Venue supplies sound, speakers, showers for the guys, washing machine,
clean counch for a few hours, sandwiches, a place to dump the RV toilet, etc, etc..
35% for Saxon
figure 10% for Band #2
Band #3 pays to play 10% for publicity
The rest goes under the table.

Figure a sellout and 300 people show up.
Make your own spreadsheet if you want to! This one is mine!

$20 a ticket times 300 people times 10 venues times (.35 for Saxon) = $21,000

Now figure 5 guys in the band and 4 roadies support guys.
Figure $10000 for airfare (two-way international coach $800 ea for 9 people
plus extra for equipment.)
Figure $$$ each for visa/application fees etc.
Figure $$$ for American lawyers.
Figure $$$ for American insurance (Remember Rhode Island..The bands gotta front it).
Figure $$$ for rental of 2 tour buses one for Saxon 5 guys and one for 4 roades
each getting 10 mpg at $2.79 accross America (Thank you very much W)..+$25 per state in tolls times 8 states=$400.
Figure $300 per day just to eat. (A diner is $8 per plate per day figureing the venue gives you one meal.
so thats 9 guys. 9x8=72 figuring you eat at the venues. Dont forget all the coffees anf Starbuks and thruway stops add another $$$.....
Bal bla bla..

You all get the idea???

NOW HEAR THIS!!!
THE BOTTOM LINE IS THIS. PLEASE LISTEN UP!
ANY EVENT OF Saxon coming to America is a GIFT from the band!
There is no way that they can make any kind of money in america.
Sorry to say,
I love Saxon. I buy all of their albums. I own Cds LPs, Casettes.
I have seen tours in NYC and NJ in 1984 (P+G), 1988 (Destiny), 1994 (Dogs),
1998(UTB), 2001(Metalhead), 2003 (KG) and still waiting for Lionheart tour.

I wish them well in all of their businesses.
After all, it is a business. We all gotta eat.

I love your music and I wish you can come to play in America.
I also request your music on WSOU 89.5NJ and WSOS Chicago when I can.
Please make your money where you can and where it is influential becuse even though
the American mass market has not been kind to Saxon, international album sales have been.
Lets face it Biff..if you were 17 in 79 then you are too young. Go more.
Stones and Aerosmith are still going. Nevermind big bands, how about Grannys Girlschols, Joan Jett,
gramps, Motorhead, Waysyed.

Come to USA Saxon!

bert said:

Funny stuff about Schenker there Burt...I always get a laugh at the Schenker backers sometimes.

mveneck said:
Figure this... and someone else in on previous post did the math too:

Figure round numbers...(disclaimer I'm making this all up):

10 venues. 300 people. $20 tickets. 3 bands.
Figure Saxon's opening.
So thats 50% for the venue....
If you think I'm exagerating then fill in your own math or open your own venue.
Venue supplies sound, speakers, showers for the guys, washing machine,
clean counch for a few hours, sandwiches, a place to dump the RV toilet, etc, etc..
35% for Saxon
figure 10% for Band #2
Band #3 pays to play 10% for publicity
The rest goes under the table.

Figure a sellout and 300 people show up.
Make your own spreadsheet if you want to! This one is mine!

$20 a ticket times 300 people times 10 venues times (.35 for Saxon) = $21,000

Now figure 5 guys in the band and 4 roadies support guys.
Figure $10000 for airfare (two-way international coach $800 ea for 9 people
plus extra for equipment.)
Figure $$$ each for visa/application fees etc.
Figure $$$ for American lawyers.
Figure $$$ for American insurance (Remember Rhode Island..The bands gotta front it).
Figure $$$ for rental of 2 tour buses one for Saxon 5 guys and one for 4 roades
each getting 10 mpg at $2.79 accross America (Thank you very much W)..+$25 per state in tolls times 8 states=$400.
Figure $300 per day just to eat. (A diner is $8 per plate per day figureing the venue gives you one meal.
so thats 9 guys. 9x8=72 figuring you eat at the venues. Dont forget all the coffees anf Starbuks and thruway stops add another $$$.....
Bal bla bla..

You all get the idea???

NOW HEAR THIS!!!
THE BOTTOM LINE IS THIS. PLEASE LISTEN UP!
ANY EVENT OF Saxon coming to America is a GIFT from the band!
There is no way that they can make any kind of money in america.
Sorry to say,
I love Saxon. I buy all of their albums. I own Cds LPs, Casettes.
I have seen tours in NYC and NJ in 1984 (P+G), 1988 (Destiny), 1994 (Dogs),
1998(UTB), 2001(Metalhead), 2003 (KG) and still waiting for Lionheart tour.

I wish them well in all of their businesses.
After all, it is a business. We all gotta eat.

I love your music and I wish you can come to play in America.
I also request your music on WSOU 89.5NJ and WSOS Chicago when I can.
Please make your money where you can and where it is influential becuse even though
the American mass market has not been kind to Saxon, international album sales have been.
Lets face it Biff..if you were 17 in 79 then you are too young. Go more.
Stones and Aerosmith are still going. Nevermind big bands, how about Grannys Girlschols, Joan Jett,
gramps, Motorhead, Waysyed.

Come to USA Saxon!

Fuckin Great.

I wish I did that.

Come to America and Toronto