US Tour Setlist

I would also love more of Damnation Game! Why do people never talk about how fantastic that album actually is? Or is it just me..?

I agree. I love The Damnation Game. It isn't my favorite album, but I still think it's a pretty good one. I've been finding myself listening to it a lot lately.

Seriously, guys, you are mad they played the Odyssey? Who doesn't want to hear that live! Maybe many of you are just spoiled and have seen the band play it 5-10 times, but it's pretty much everyone who hasn't seen them before's dream to see that song live in person! It's like SX's "A Change of Seasons". I believe it's SX's last "classic era" song.

I think Serpent's Kiss is one of the worst songs I've ever heard in my life. It's just a typical metal song with an 8 second melody hook and that's pretty much it. I think if they replaced PL songs with DG songs, the audience would be just as pleased. I can see people moshing to Dressed to Kill. I think SX are trying to "dumb down" their music to low IQ "metul headz". Whether it be Korn, Marilyn Manson, Symphony X or Slayer, the crowd acts like it's all the same.

Since we are making dream sets, I'd like it to be this:
1. Church of the Machine
2. Through the Looking Glass
3. Accolades 1 and 2
4. First Disc of Iconoclast (considering the special edition is the "real edition")
5. Rediscovery 1 and 2
6. Divine Wings of Tragedy
7. The Odyssey

I'm sure the metul headz would be thrilled :Smug:

Also, you can get the new iconoclast shirt online. It's pretty expensive though.

Why is everybody criticizing the band? I loved the set they played in worcester, and the odyssey was my favorite part of the show. i can't wait to hear the new album and the fall tour.

Of Sins and Shadows
Domination
Serpent's Kiss
The End of Innocence
Paradise Lost
Smoke & Mirrors
Eve of Seduction
Dehumanized
Set the World on Fire
The Odyssey

Not sure if the show is over but that's how it is so far.

They played the exact same songs tonight. The Odyssey was perfect :OMG:

I rather hear the same old songs like Inferno or Evolution then hearing Serpent's Kiss, Set the World on Fire or Paradise Lost. And seeing as how I have never heard a song off of V (which is my 2nd favorite album by them), I'll gladly take Evolution over anything.

This is what I would love to see them play (and I really don't think this would be hard for them to do).

Of Sins and Shadows
Domination
End of Innocence
Communion and the Oracle
Evolution (The Grand Design)
Church of the Machine
Eve of Seduction
Dehumanized
Sea of Lies
Dressed to Kill
------------------------------
The Divine Wings of Tragedy

Seattle was awesome. And yes they will play the Odyssey guaranteed.
They purposely practiced it and added it to the set list due to Nevermore dropping out. It's the "encore" but whatever.

Everyone was chanting "SYM PHO NE" and I screamed at the top of my lungs "ODYSSEY" until everyone chanted "ODYSSEY" along with me : )

The show was great but too fast for me. I was in front of Romeo the whole time and I was just so happy see him play. He reached out and shook my hand and others a few times and we got to touch his guitar. They played great, such an awesome show. Everyone there was totally into it. Aaaaa god I love them:yell:

I will be at the Iconoclast tour for sure...

The SF how last night was awesome as well. Despite Russell being sick all day he went out and gave
us an excellent performance. MJR was his usual shredding self and The Odyssey was outstanding.
I really enjoyed The End Of Innocence played live. It was a crowd pleaser. I took my 17 year old daughter and it was her 1st time to see the band. She loved them. We will most definitely be going to see the full Iconoclast tour sometime this fall. The SF setlist was no different from previous shows. Like Weston, I thought the show went by much too fast. And yes, it was strange to see people moshing to Champion Of Ithica.

And we also met Jax after the show!:cool:

I was also at the SF show and it was awesome of course. Dehumanized was surprisingly better live, at least I thought. Also, I had VIP tickets and got to meet the band minus russell, but it was great anyway. I had them sign one of my music scores, which is being premiered next tuesday at California State University East Bay at 7:30pm (awful plug I know). Pinnella and Romeo were looking through my score which was unbelievable to say the least. :worship:

You can't lose with the Odyessy for the encore and I also saw jax before the show, nice boots Jax! o_O