New Setlist Thread!

maidenpriest

Apr 10, 2008
Since the "official" Iconoclast tour is starting tonight, figured I'd start a thread in case someone gets some info about the setlist in Hamburg.

I was there. They played

Iconoclast
Divine Wings
Through the Looking Glass
The Odyssey
When All Is Lost
A Lesson Before Dying
Accolade 1 and 2 medley
Rediscovery (1 and 2)
Revelation
Reign in Madness
------------------
Encore: Transcendence

Obviously I am trolling, but seriously, was anyone there? I'm really curious about what they will play on this tour.

I hate how I can't find a setlist, nor youtube videos.

I'm going to see Symphony X tomorrow and I'm dying to know what they'll play.

Just wondering, do the European shows usually have more people than the American shows? I guess only someone who's been to both or something would know

Here is the Setlist from tonight:

Iconoclast
End of Innocence
Dehumanized
Bastards of the Machine
Electric Messiah
When All is Lost
Children of a Faceless God
Heretic
Inferno (Unleash the Fire)
Of Sins & Shadows

Encore:

Eve of Seduction
Serpent's Kiss
Set the World on Fire

That's what I remember, too many songs from the new album for my taste, but still a great show.
Unfortunately they didn't play the Odyssey.

Here is the Setlist from tonight:

Iconoclast
End of Innocence
Dehumanized
Bastards of the Machine
Electric Messiah
When All is Lost
Children of a Faceless God
Heretic
Inferno (Unleash the Fire)
Of Sins & Shadows

Encore:

Eve of Seduction
Serpent's Kiss
Set the World on Fire

That's what I remember, too many songs from the new album for my taste, but still a great show.
Unfortunately they didn't play the Odyssey.

Very disappointing setlist. :cry: I would rather see them play this one:

I was there. They played

Iconoclast
Divine Wings
Through the Looking Glass
The Odyssey
When All Is Lost
A Lesson Before Dying
Accolade 1 and 2 medley
Rediscovery (1 and 2)
Revelation
Reign in Madness
------------------
Encore: Transcendence

Wow... that's a lot of new stuff. I really like the new album and would want to see a lot of songs from it, but I'm not so sure I really like that setlist. Its pretty much the entire "regular edition" of Iconoclast minus Prometheus. I wonder if this means they actually WONT play any of the 3 "special edition" songs live. Also, it would be nice to have a little more variety from other albums. 3 songs from PL? That album got played out live over the last few years. One song would be fine, but what about something from V, Twilight, or DG? They could have easily replaced STWOF and SK with 2 songs from those 3 albums to add more variety. In addition to that, they keep playing the same stuff from the older albums. Would be cool to have something else subbed in. Those older albums have PLENTY of excellent songs that I'm sure most people would love to hear live. I love Inferno and OSAS, but really? Every single show? Also, the order of the songs could use a little more variation. If you are gonna play almost all Iconoclast songs, it would be cool to at least be putting the older songs in between them for variety rather than just clumping them all together at the end.

In any case, criticism aside, I would be more than happy to see that setlist live anyway. I haven't seen the band live in almost 5 years. Here's hoping they actually come to Japan this time, but im not gonna get my hopes up.

It'd be cool if they just toured themselves and did two sets each night. And when's the last time they played anything live from Damnation Game anyway?

WHAT? Only two pre-PL songs? What are they thinking? Not even two special ones. What the fuck man, really. What.

What a lame set. I'm at a loss for words, really. They played eight songs from Iconoclast, but left out two of the best songs on the album (Prometheus and Reign). Bastards, Children, Electric, really? Those songs practically define filler. Not to mention three songs from the overplayed PL album and only two (overplayed) older songs.

Very unimpressed. If they don't change their set when they tour the States I doubt I will go see them. What a letdown.

symphonyxwut.png

Iconoclast tour versus Paradise Lost tour.

All the cool material dropped from 44% (excluding TDWOT in Revelation!) to 13%. Why why?:(

Don't mention the typo. :err: