OFFICIAL AMERICAN SETLIST THREAD

The show was great, though I had some weird fat guy that kept knocking into me. He smelled really bad, but I didn't say that to him because he was a lot bigger than me.

I didn't buy anything, those shirts and stuff were really expensive, which I wasnt expecting.

Long story short, I'm definately getting tickets when they come back... oh, and I hope they bring Nevermore back with them, they were great.

hahaa, his guitar did mess up at grand conjuration...

AND IT SOUNDED AMAZING... lol...

yes, the clapping was made even worse by the fact that they can't follow the simplest of drum rhythms... they almost ruined in my time of need (or was it FoM) with their shitty off-time clapping...

I personally feel Nevermore tore the fuckin house down... they were actually a huge pile of crap at gigantour...but last night they ripped it... once again, wouldve been better if i didnt have to be dry-humped by a bunch of pre-pubescents from all sides. I'm surprised Doom said he wanted Fireball Ministry to conitue....

I know I'll sound like a jerk... but Fireball Ministry is one of the worst bands ever... they are so boring... the drummer played literally the EXACT same thing for evey song... the other guitarist didnt have to be there... her attack was so weak there was no chance you could ever hear her... the guys solos, while some did sound good, ill give him that, overall sounded like he just learned how to play guitar... not to mention the riffs are so boring they are on some nickelback bullshit... when I jam with my buddies for fun in a basement we - i shit you not - sound 10 times better than FBM.

and on top of that... those guys should be opening for Black Label Society or some other pop-metal band. not crazy prog-metal bands like Opeth and Nevermore.

People were clapping out of politeness, or not clapping at all...hahahaha. after the show the guitarist from FBM cam out and no one could give two shits.

Stimuli said:
when I jam with my buddies for fun in a basement we - i shit you not - sound 10 times better than FBM.

I uhh... I don't think anyone is doubting that. The singer sounded like the cookie monster, and that was very unsettling.

the TO show rocked. I was in front row right dead center up at the gate. Blackwater Park was probably my fav track they played, the other owned too though. i swear, that stupid ass girl that kept body surfing was pissing me off because id have to look back and see if she was goignt to fall on top of me. bitch. if youre reading this i hope u die. glad you got kicked out. i wanted a grab, though...

i dont know why everyone was groping her as if she was hot... I saw some people try to pull some stuff on her that is just plain pathetic :erk:

i guess a lot of the young guys had never seen panties before...

Great show in TO last night, Opeth sounded perfect as always... although a few tempo problems in some songs.

Fireball Ministry was the most boring peice of crap band I have ever seen, I can't believe they justify being on this tour.

Nevermore was pretty good, got all the young kiddies moshing around a little bit. And did anyone see Warrel Dane's reaction to that crowd surfing slut? :tickled:

It pissed me off when all the kids tryed getting a mosh going during Opeth, or yes the off time clapping pissed me off too.

All in all it was amazing, finally got to meet Mike and Peter too, got some pics with them after the show it was amazing.

Stimuli said:
yes, the clapping was made even worse by the fact that they can't follow the simplest of drum rhythms... they almost ruined in my time of need (or was it FoM) with their shitty off-time clapping...

The absolute WORST was during the slow part of Blackwater Park :erk:

I don't know if it was you... but I remember I just couldn't bear it anymore so I said that people were off-tempo and this other guy totally agreed with me :lol:

THEY GAVE US A LESSON ON 4/4 RHYTHM FFS!!

I hadn't researched any of the setlists or anything so it was all a surprise for me. By pure coincidence I had really been listening to Face of Melinda a lot recently and just playing it on guitar... made the whole experience a millions times better, especially since my friend and I were POSITIVE they wouldn't play it. Made the whole experience a million times better :)

I also really appreciated how they played a different set of older songs between this show and their last show (Lamentations, not SOTU). Can't wait for February :D

A+ Show

picframe said:
The absolute WORST was during the slow part of Blackwater Park :erk:

I don't know if it was you... but I remember I just couldn't bear it anymore so I said that people were off-tempo and this other guy totally agreed with me :lol:

I think that was me- I was wearing a ghost reveries shirt and I was 4th row centre most of the show

I was in the TO show, mostly in the front moshing, and it was a great time. I was the tall blonde w glasses in the Bloodbath shirt. :kickass: Some of my friends got right up to the front gate, bastards!!!

Mike's quote of the night: "You guys are great. But that girl, she was awesome.... I could see her snatch". PITGIRL WAS EVERYWHERE. She was f'd up on something, she kept asking to be hoisted up, I don't know why people kept complying.

Best song of the night was The Grand Conjuration. I really liked Bleak. The crowd singing along to In My Time Of Need was great. Nevermore was all right, I like them but my friends hate the vocals, too Dream Theater-esque. And DOTF of course!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :devil:

Rant -- I have to disagree with some of the posts here about moshing and clapping. What's the point of a metal show if you can't mosh and have drunken off-time clapping? :rolleyes: This isn't the opera. If Opeth didn't want that they might as well put seats on the floor like they did for the Damnation tour (in Toronto at least). The lesson on 4/4 RHYTHM had nothing to do with the clapping, it was just the lead into BWP which has a very simple 4/4 time. Mike ENCOURAGED the crowd to clap several times during the set! Most people aren't drummers so shit timing is expected at every concert I've ever been to and probably will be that way until the end of existance.

And yes, I was one of the fuckers that I clapped during the slow part of BWP, and yes I moshed during all of the songs. Honestly, in the moment, I didn't realize it bothered people. One tries to be on time, but, you try it after 3 tequila shots and a few red bull vodkas :D

parasubvert said:
PITGIRL WAS EVERYWHERE. She was f'd up on something, she kept asking to be hoisted up, I don't know why people kept complying.

Oh god, she scared the crap out of me. I was standing at the back of the room, right against one of the railings beside one of the stairs, she came by and was making like... war cries or something.

That was the first time I've ever seen a huge group of people give the "wtf?" look at the exact same time.

There was one guy that was right in front of me, one level below... I dont know if anyone saw him, but he was going NUTS. During Face Of Melinda he looked like he was completely out of place, he looked like he belonged at the Cryptopsy show they're having tonight there...

I wanted to smack him to tell him to calm down, but again, he was bigger than me.

lol yeah, the guy from Nevermore was great. He kept moving around the stage trying to get a better look. He tried pointing it out to the guitar/bass players, but they were busy playing so he just laughed at them... that was classic.

I do wish there were seats at last nights show... I personally, am there 100% for the music... now you dont have to sit during the parts with energy... but it prevents the nasty B.O sandwhich that occurrs up there at the front row...

Anyone wanna tell us what kinda merch the band has got?

if this fails i'll do my best to remember when I see em tomorrow.

hahaha the B.O sandwich i agree, goddiggity damn! anyone goign to the nyc show this thursday? if they play the moor i will shit myself i cannot wait for this show, also can't wait for Nevermore and Into Eternity too, great lineup Nov 3rd is going to be amazing

Toronto was a great show! I was just right of center up against the barrier beside this big guy with a gray shirt. I spent the evening clapping more or less in time and singing more or less in key and screaming until my throat was raw and headbanging until my vertebra were demolished, and generally having a good time. My response to those who wanna stand there with their arms folded and get all grumpy when the rest of the audience is having a good time... lighten up. It's a metal show. If you want an unadulterated music listening experience listen to the cd at home.

My Still Life said:
Great show in TO last night, Opeth sounded perfect as always... although a few tempo problems in some songs.

Fireball Ministry was the most boring peice of crap band I have ever seen, I can't believe they justify being on this tour.

Nevermore was pretty good, got all the young kiddies moshing around a little bit. And did anyone see Warrel Dane's reaction to that crowd surfing slut? :tickled:

:loco: Guess I was the only one in the Opera house that liked FIreball Ministry lol. Yeah, they have a more traditional sound and probably didn't fit in well with Opeth but I didnt think Nevermore fit in very well either. I just found myself thinking about how much my dam feet hurt during Nevermore. I will admit, I did like that 'enemies of reality'song they did at the end.
How bout we just turf FM and Nevermore and bring back Pelican as OPeth's wingmen? March Into the Sea would have been awsome live. :headbang: