Usual Outcome?

Feb 14, 2007
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
How packed does it usually get at the Powerfest? This will be the first year I go. I know its at a different venue and all so its probably not going to be around the same amount of people, but how many would you say were there last year? I have been to the Pearl Room at least 5 times and it should attract a good amount of people, in fact I was just there to see Belphegor and Krisiun (Great Show). Damn, I can't wait... *impatiently waits to see Mystic Prophecy*

I was wondering similarly about this year too, but moreso because I've never been to the Pearl Room. I guess it holds over a 1000 so that'll be good.

I was at last years show the night Nocturnal Rites played and there weren't too many people, but it wasn't a ghost town either. There definitely was enough space to move around comfortably.

Just be glad it's not being held at J.J. Kelley's in Lansing anymore. I know the owner is cool with the fest but that place is just NOT an ideal place to have a decent-sized crowd at AT all. It would get crammed REAL fast and the stage couldn't have been more that (literally) eight inches off the floor.

We had just under 300 paid last year, but of course we're hoping for much much much more this year. :p

The Pearl Room can fit about 1500 comfortably, and can get up as high as 2000, but we'll probably limit it to leave room for vendors etc.

The Pearl Room is actually very nice and has a good layout, I find it better then the House of Blues and many others, plus the parking situation is very good (free and lots of it) and not a lot of traffic at all. It is probably my favorite venue and I have been to plenty in the Chicagoland area.

I have to agree, The Pearl Room is an excellent choice for this festival. Since this is a Chicago based event I hope it gets a really big draw, however it's going to be nice to have enough breathing room while at the venue, more room to rock out! :kickass: :headbang:

I like the Pearl Room but it is way too far from the city. Lots of cityfolk dont have cars to get there...so that will cut some people from going. I really hope it does well but there still needs to be a bigger drawing band to really pack it in. Still cant wait for the fest.

I like the Pearl Room but it is way too far from the city. Lots of cityfolk dont have cars to get there...so that will cut some people from going. I really hope it does well but there still needs to be a bigger drawing band to really pack it in. Still cant wait for the fest.
King Diamond, man ... King Diamond !!

Britt

King Diamond would definelty sell it out. I know itis easy for us to say what bands to book but for this to really do well, there needs to be one huge drawing band to make people show up. The bands we have now are good and interesting and getting peoples interest up but is it enought to draw the casual fan or out of towners? I dont think Mystic Prophecy are bigger than Nocturnal Rites. I am very interested in who the saturday headliner is going to be.

King Diamond would OWN, but considering Rob refers to the man as the "guy with Satanic clown makeup" I am not holding my breath!! :lol:

I was only at Pearl Room once (For Katatonia). I didn't go upstairs at all, though it seems like it wraps all the way around which is pretty cool.

I had no idea what the outcome was at previous fests, so thanks for sharing! I dunno really what to say about the draw for this year. I mean, the line-up for me this year is what prompted me to want to attend for sure, so maybe there's a lot of other people out there like myself?! It'll be my first CPF. I also think the venue choice is really good. I've been to the Pearl Room once for Anthrax. My only complaint would be towards some of the staff as they really did come off as dickheads. Perhaps the newness of the venue caused some logistical problems at the time, who knows. Regardless, I really liked it there. For me I'm happy that I have someplace else to go outside of the city. The traffic is less obnoxious and the positive parking situation speaks for itself. I'm excited for the outcome of this fest!

Everyone raves about the parking.
As I said, I was only there once, but we all had to park at the train station a about a block or so away.
(For some reason, they didn't allow parking in the lot by the venue).

Will there be parking for the fest? Does it depend on other things going on at the strip mall?

There were people in the lot directing cars AWAY from the Pearl Room.
Everyone there for the show had to park in the lot of the train station.
Maybe this was just a one-time thing.

Yeah, first time there (Kamelot) there were guys blocking off the lot in front of the venue (I'm guessing because it was full), so I parked at the train station.

Next time (Moonspell/Katatonia), there were also guys apparently blocking off the lot, so I went to the train station again. When I arrived back, I saw the lot was basically empty, even though the venue was already filled with people. After the show, the lot was filled, so my impression was that they had been "reserving" the lot for late-night club-goers (metal fans are 2nd class citizens?) But I don't really know.

By the third time (Enslaved), I had come to believe that they simply never allowed parking in front of the venue, so I went straight for street parking behind it.

But now I hear that some people *have* parked in front of the venue. So yeah, it would be nice if we could get to the bottom of this and get a complete explanation of the parking situation there!

Neil

It's only 2-3 blocks away from the Metra station, so no one from the city should have any excuses....unless of course they're just lazy. :p

We talked to King Diamond's agent a few weeks ago & he was unavailable...sorry.

SWEET!!!! Yeah, I know you said you recently got into him more....

Good to know he is a possible contender for the future....
Would be a good pick, as some old schoolers who don't even know there is a current metal underground might come out.