V TNMS : Amp used

Spirito

New Metal Member
Jan 19, 2006
Hi

This question may've already been answered however ive searched for it and cant find it!

What amp was used in the recording of V. I thought it mightve been part POD part something else, however after looking in the booklet it say nothing about line6 and says MJR uses Mesa/Boogie amps and cabs.

Can any1 shed some light on this please. I am at the critical amp buying stage and need help =D

Thanks

I think he didn't use any POD, since The Odyssey was the first time where he used a POD XT. The amps might be mesa/boogie amps!

Didn't he use Marshall for a time as well? Like on the Dark Chapter?

I for one hopes he goes back to Mesa or Marshall...

bottom line though..Dont ever buy an amp because of what someone else uses or the tone they get from it. Use your ears and try out everything you can before making your purchase, and buy what you think sounds great...

Thanks for the responses.

I have tried a few amps, but the main reason I would like to know what amp hes using on V is because I would love to get the Vetta just for the sheer versatility of it, (and the relatively low price!) and I was under the impression that MJR had recorded V with it and as I dont have the 1000 hours needed to tweak the mutha in the shop im looking for other places the vetta has been used.

Did he use a triaxis? I remember reading he once had a triaxis but hey.....

Who knows?? Anybody =D