Vanden Plas- Christ O

Bryant said:
It was only in jest my friend. Unless someone hurt my family or something would I actually use the shotgun against anyone. I am not a violent person.

Bryant
I knew you were kidding, like someone said in other thread: "We are all Symphony X's fans, how weird can we be?" :lol:

sknight said:
Check out Wolverine's new album, "Still". They seem to be doing something a bit different with prog. Very good and solid.

How does it compare to there last one which was alot different then their first?

What makes it different prog? I read what Ken wrote about it at lasercd but haven't read anything else....

ok I've listened to this album twice and I just don't see what's so great about it. I just can't get into it like I've done with some songs on Beyond Daylight. The songs just lack something. I mean they showed skill in all the instruments, but the music just doesn't feel great to me. None of the songs were even close to sonsg like "Phoenix," or "Beyond Daylight."

bball_1523 said:
ok I've listened to this album twice and I just don't see what's so great about it. I just can't get into it like I've done with some songs on Beyond Daylight. The songs just lack something. I mean they showed skill in all the instruments, but the music just doesn't feel great to me. None of the songs were even close to sonsg like "Phoenix," or "Beyond Daylight."

I have heard that from other VP fans..... I respect your opinion, but I don't understand it. However, I also love BD and

Bryant

Liquid Tension said:
How does it compare to there last one which was alot different then their first?

What makes it different prog? I read what Ken wrote about it at lasercd but haven't read anything else....
Well, you know how Dream Theater plays without any heart anymore? You know how they wank off and go all over the place, rather than making a song that is embellished with some cool stuff? Wolverine is the opposite.

They also didn't make a song about how much they hate their fans (because they know their fans are drones and will buy anything they make), which is kind of refreshing.

sknight said:
Well, you know how Dream Theater plays without any heart anymore? You know how they wank off and go all over the place, rather than making a song that is embellished with some cool stuff? Wolverine is the opposite.

They also didn't make a song about how much they hate their fans (because they know their fans are drones and will buy anything they make), which is kind of refreshing.

Sounds like something I need to add to my collection....

I will say that you're in for an exciting musical journey since I must have close to 100 discs that meet this criteria so it's not really "something a bit different" for me and hopefully you'll start to find these discs so you can get off your Dream Theater obsession....

Snowmaker said:
You love yourself? :yuk:

Second and secondmost only behind my Son. :)

Can't remember where I was going with my post. Despite learning to type pretty well after 12 years of usenet and message boards, I find my brain still often outpaces my fingers. After several beers my train of thought gets a little skewed as well. I could type about two subjects and not realize it, so I try and read over what I post before I submit, but I often forget.... :erk:

Bryant

Liquid Tension said:
What other bands are you Vaden Plas worshipers into beside SyX?

Threshold possibly?

Accept
Dio
Fates Warning
Redemption
Angel Dust
Goo Goo Dolls
Tad Morose
Slayer
Powermad
Sieges Even
Pink Floyd
The Beatles
Blackfoot

The list goes on and on...... any questions ?

Bryant