Vanden Plas name new album, Artwork for new Yngwie Malmsteen album posted online...

This has got to be one of the worst album covers I have ever seen!!! I just hope that he designed it himself because I would be pretty pissed if somebody got paid good money to designed such a piece of crap! I could have made it a lot better myself and I don't even do any graphic designing.

Bryant said:
One of the best thing I like about Vanden Plas is their consistancy. You could start with any of their three last releases and get an awesome release. If you asked three or four VP fans their fav release, you might get three or four different answers.
"Far Off Grace" seems to be a good starting point for many though because the album is a touch more heavy than it's predecessors and follow-up release. None of their releases are overburdened with ballads or anything, but no one will mistake them for a thrash band either. Vanden Plas is a melodic metal band, but they seem to cover the spectrum of faster, mid-paceand slower songs best on "Far Off Grace."

Bryant

I agree. Start with Far Off Grace and take it from there. My favorite is Beyond Daylight but it's all good :kickass:

alexofbodom said:
This has got to be one of the worst album covers I have ever seen!!! I just hope that he designed it himself because I would be pretty pissed if somebody got paid good money to designed such a piece of crap! I could have made it a lot better myself and I don't even do any graphic designing.

This is the worst album cover I've ever seen, even by Yngwie standards. The album name, "Unleash the Fury" just screams for something exlpoding on the cover (and not a thick steel wall). I too wonder how much the designer was paid for the cover.

dargormudshark said:
I read that Beyond Daylight was a concept album almost by accident and they just went with it. I don't think Vanden Plas and Rock opera sound good in the same sentance

I honestly don't know Darg. If Vanden Plas released a CD based on nursery rhymes I would have to buy it. The next release might blow chunks, but they have three in a row that absolutely rip. I will blindly buy their releases until they disappoint me.

Bryant

General Zod said:
Since when do like Vanden Plas? I thought you were always slamming them, calling them just another Dream Theater clone?

Zod

Damned !! You blew my cover. Now they will take me off their payroll. : ( I was making millions !!

They do really suck. Bunch of posers !!!

Actually, I think I scared one guy off from this forum. I was so excited about getting to talk about Vanden Plas, I wrote a small novel in the form of a private message to his unfortunate soul. You know.... it has been a while since a VP release, so I got excited about it........

They still suck though.. :loco:

Bryant

:headbang:
Bryant said:
One of the best thing I like about Vanden Plas is their consistancy. You could start with any of their three last releases and get an awesome release. If you asked three or four VP fans their fav release, you might get three or four different answers.
"Far Off Grace" seems to be a good starting point for many though because the album is a touch more heavy than it's predecessors and follow-up release. None of their releases are overburdened with ballads or anything, but no one will mistake them for a thrash band either. Vanden Plas is a melodic metal band, but they seem to cover the spectrum of faster, mid-paceand slower songs best on "Far Off Grace."

Bryant
I would totally agree :D :headbang:

Bryant said:
I honestly don't know Darg. If Vanden Plas released a CD based on nursery rhymes I would have to buy it. The next release might blow chunks, but they have three in a row that absolutely rip. I will blindly buy their releases until they disappoint me.

Bryant

I'm not even thinking it will suck, I am just saying it was the last thing I expected, well not the last thing...(what if Vp did a rap album :D ) I will blindly buy the new album with ya Bryant because I love VP!!! :headbang:

BTW, Don't forget to mention Colour Temple, that was my intro to them, it is like Dream Theater meets Dokken!

"Cause your'e breakin' my heart
In those Days of Thunder!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I heard that song and loved it, I couldn't even find anything else, and I looked at the pp4 line-up and flipped

dargormudshark said:
I'm not even thinking it will suck, I am just saying it was the last thing I expected, well not the last thing...(what if Vp did a rap album :D ) I will blindly buy the new album with ya Bryant because I love VP!!! :headbang:

BTW, Don't forget to mention Colour Temple, that was my intro to them, it is like Dream Theater meets Dokken!

"Cause your'e breakin' my heart
In those Days of Thunder!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I heard that song and loved it, I couldn't even find anything else, and I looked at the pp4 line-up and flipped

Hmmmm..... Colour Temple is a good release, but I don't like it as much as as all their following releases. I told them when they headline, if the play The Southeast again, they have to learn "Freebird" ha ha ha. I don't think they quite got the joke, but I thought it was funny.

Bryant