Vanden Plas

Does anyone else love this band? What a criminally underrated group of musicians they are, they absolutely rule.

Look up prog metal in a dictionary and Vanden Plas should be the definition.

I challenge anyone to sit and listen to the solo in the song 'Rainmaker' and then say it does not go into your all time top 10 prog metal moments. It is the most earth shattering, gut wrenching, DYNAMIC solo I've ever heard. If somebody put that song on at a Christmas dinner with all the family round being their usual inhibited, polite selves I would jump up on the table and play air guitar with the turkey bone, it's that good.

New album soon I hear, can't fucking wiat!

I've heard of them and heard they were KWAZY. I've never actually heard their music though.

Hah, I f'ing LOVE them!!! Best melodic prog metal band ever, as far as I'm concerned (yes, even beating Symphony X). "Beyond Daylight" is an absolute melodic masterpiece.

U know what's really awkward though? And im just saying this to get back into funny idiot mode. In a few months, when you change your sig, and people look through this thread and see snowmaker's sig, wuldn't they say "what does Snowmaker's sig have anything to do with Vanden Plas?

@ MetalChick- Bands with the power to own your soul are my kinds of bands. But since my soul is the same as that of the original Ptah Khnemu (hence the username. lol :D ) I doubt many bands can own my soul... except Symphony X, and probably Vanden Plas.

Now, I just feel the need to say, even though it has nothing to do with this thread, Look at my sig. :D

ptah knemu said:
@ MetalChick- Bands with the power to own your soul are my kinds of bands. But since my soul is the same as that of the original Ptah Khnemu (hence the username. lol :D ) I doubt many bands can own my soul... except Symphony X, and probably Vanden Plas.

Those two bands own everyone, they just don't all know it :)

Hi Amanda! Hope you remember me..ehehehe.

on topic: Vanden Plas makes no bones about prog, and that's mighty fine in my book. I especially love "Nightwalker" and "Free the Fire" from Beyond Daylight".

No love for "The God Thing"? That one is far superior to its two successors, I think, which could never reach the lofty heights of, for instance, "Rainmaker" or "Garden Of Stones". Their debut album "Colour Temple" also had a couple of strong tracks.

I like this band, though not among my very favourites.

I own Accult and Beyond Daylight albums, good band...

man, vanden plas kicks major ass. i had NO idea they had a new album coming out!!!

and Ptah: your sig is hilarious...did it used to be one about russel crow fighting around the world, too? cuz that one was great