Varg Vikernes "Too dangerous for parole"

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit overrated?
You ever met a Pantera fan?
But yeah, his leads on Vulgar were pretty beastly. Sometimes the whammy stuff got a little to nuts though.
You know what I meant. :p I didn't want to seem like one of those faggots (cough GFAD) who acts like he is glad he is dead.

The lines on that graph look like 2/3 of a jesus fish. This thread is derailed.

It's a farkin' conspiracy i tells ya'.
XKCD IS RUN BY JESUS FREAKS.

You know what I meant. :p I didn't want to seem like one of those faggots (cough GFAD) who acts like he is glad he is dead.

Am I glad he's dead? No.
Am I glad he's no longer making music? Yes.
And I'll admit I make my fair share of Dimebag Darrell jokes. But that's mainly cos they get laughs because it annoys my other mate so much :lol:

ITSAKITTY :D
cat_proximity.png
:lol:
But wrong thread.

Dime was a nigga, fyi
Interesting thing to call someone who played a guitar with a Confederate flag on it.

You know what I meant. :p I didn't want to seem like one of those sheepfuckers (cough GFAD) who acts like he is glad he is dead.
fyp

FUCK YOU.
Fucking immigrant yank cunts with their lack of generic farming to make jokes about.
It's too bad you don't know shit about Massachusetts and Brookline in particular. You'd have no problem with the stereotypes then...

You know, you don't have to listen to it if you don't like it.
Nonsense. Dimebag personally forced millions of Americans to listen to his albums over and over again.

You need to go cook fish, because other than that magical time, you have failed an inconceivable amount lately.
Say what you want about Dime, but he was a visionary and a great guitarist.
I'm sorry, but you criticize Dime for being a drunk, but you're defending a crazy hate mongering murderer who's done nothing positive for the world other than make a couple of decent albums.

Dimebag just seemed to be a cunt.
There were testimonies and shit this year in metal hammer.
One was:
"I was clean for about 2 years, but one night with Dimebag and I was drunk and drugged up man. He did that to you. He was awesome"

Say what you want about Dime, but he was a visionary and a great guitarist.

Yeah...exactly how was Dimebag a visionary?

I'm sorry, but you criticize Dime for being a drunk, but you're defending a crazy hate mongering murderer who's done nothing positive for the world other than make a couple of decent albums.

Better to be someone with the testicular fortitude to annihilate some idiot than some wastrel with the artistic vision of a baboon.

I wouldn't call either Varg or Dime a visionary unless you want to call anyone with an idea a visionary.

To all those guys getting arguementive because i mentioned the picture-knife thing. I had admited i was wrong. But, that being said, they musn't have taken thier friend very seriously because they fucked around with his corpse.

Does anybody know what the exact details were of vargs murdering. He had to actually kick euronymous' head off the knife as far as i knew.

I hate Dimebag discussions because it's generally not anything more intellectual than "DERP, I hate Pantera so Dimebag is a faggot" VS "Dimebag is a God, pay your fuckin' respects to the best human of all-time."

But as a serious fan of both Varg and Dime, I'd just like to say... Dime can be considered a visionary just like Varg can. Dime was, by most accounts, a genuinely amicable guy who filled people with good feelings. His "vision" could be considered using harsh music to uplift and for good will instead of bad will. That one account of someone who apparently decided to fall off the wagon with Dime... that's freaking bollocks. Every junkie that relapses might as well blame it on Dime. And then we can blame every murder on Varg.

Since everybody else said their thoughts on Dime, I want to as well. TBH Phil Anselmo is the bigger reason why Pantera is my favorite band, but Dime would still place as one of my all-time favorite guitarists. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't personally think that Dime's solos are hot shit. I think he has at most a few solos that I think are awesome. But I'm not all that focused on guitar solos in the first place. I think Dime's riffs are damn near unparalleled in their balance between complexity and catchiness. Virtually all of his riffs kick ass and he has plenty that are among the best ever. Listening to his stuff makes it seem like it must be easy as shit to make multi-faceted riffs because he throws them out virtually non-stop.

As for the Pantera hate... I can understand disliking, even hating Pantera's music. It's a far cry from the lo-fi extreme music that most people on here favor. But I think a lot of people around here hate Pantera solely because their music happens to be associated with people who like to party. That's superficial and doesn't look at Pantera fairly. There's a lot more to the band than frat boys getting drunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.