Vehemence in London?

it hurts to be dead

Your Lord Deformed
Dec 29, 2002
England
www.grim-and-nekro.cjb.net
I read somewhere that Vehemence are playing at the Camden Verge on February 2nd with Narcosis; is this definite? I hope so, cos I've been wanting to see you guys for fuckin' ages!

Also, are there still copies of the "The Thoughts From Which I Hide" CD, and will they be available at the gig?

fuck.jpg

Must be a different Vehemence or something. I was looking forward to that...good job I checked :(

It wasn't the Astoria, it was the Camden Verge. I'm not such a big fan of the Astoria, I find it rare that a band can actually sound good at that venue. Slayer are the only band I've seen there who have pulled it off and sounded fucking amazing. The Camden Underworld's probably my favourite London venue. You should definitely play there, SOON DAMMIT! :p

Astoria is where the Emperor show was filmed for that vhs/video same goes for the Entangled in Chaos Morbid Angel Live CD.

That would be a nice venue to play, but I wil see if Camden Underworld's has a website and check it out.

Actually the Emperial Live Ceremony CD/Video was filmed at the LA2, which is now called the Mean Fiddler. That's similar to the Astoria, but a bit smaller. I prefer it to the Astoria, but I still think that the Camden Underworld is better. The 2002 No Mercy Fest was at the Underworld, and that fucking slayed. http://www.theunderworldcamden.co.uk/ is the address for the Underworld. It's nowhere near as big as the Astoria, but I personally see that as a good thing.

Egad! Well the guy that borrowed my cd, hasnt given it back for a whole year and I never researched into it further, I just saw the Mirrors in the background which is the same bacxkground for that Morbid Angel Live album and it was tittled Astoria Ballroom. Thanks for the link man.

The Ballroom is, again, a different venue from the Astoria. It's now called the Electric Ballroom, but I think it used to be associated with the Astoria...or something like that. It's all very confusing, there are lots of different venues in London and they all seem to be associated with each other for a while, then they change their names and just confuse things even more. Ah well :rolleyes: