Very interesting.

I watched this a while ago...

But I felt quite sorry for Gaahl and the documentary was really an embarassment I thought. He was surrounded by a bunch of fucking idiots. At the beginning I felt like I was watching a reality TV version of the blair witch, as if they were so terrified to meet him...then that one guy who complained and had a tantrum about walking up a mountain :rolleyes:

Then after Gaahl had just said he wasn't interested in having a "flock of sheep" following him etc...the naivity of the one who asked the questions at the end...whatever it was about being a "lone wolf," and then uggh, "Guide Me!" :lol:

^That's prob why he went silent, the whole "what the fuck did I bring into my house" thought creeped right back into his head.

I think the journalists (sic) tried to make some controversy out of him but failed, and Gaahl came out the stronger. I mean, that mountain climbing tantrum was obviously bullshit, and as for the silence who says we need to talk when we just feel like sitting and thinking?

Although the guy crying about the mountain walk needed a good kick in the face, I think it was touching that Ghaal led them up there to see something important from his family history. That's very personal, and you could tell how proud he was.

Although the guy crying about the mountain walk needed a good kick in the face, I think it was touching that Ghaal led them up there to see something important from his family history. That's very personal, and you could tell how proud he was.
yeah seriously that guy crying the whole time needed a good kick in the sack or something, it's not like walking is even hard.

i cant say i really agree with much of his philosophy but it really means a lot to me that true romantics like gaahl still exist in modern times

It must have been akward for the reporter to sit throught that silence. He must have been thinking somehing along the lines of...

"I'm about to die."

I watched this a while ago...

But I felt quite sorry for Gaahl and the documentary was really an embarassment I thought. He was surrounded by a bunch of fucking idiots. At the beginning I felt like I was watching a reality TV version of the blair witch, as if they were so terrified to meet him...then that one guy who complained and had a tantrum about walking up a mountain :rolleyes:

Then after Gaahl had just said he wasn't interested in having a "flock of sheep" following him etc...the naivity of the one who asked the questions at the end...whatever it was about being a "lone wolf," and then uggh, "Guide Me!" :lol:

Exactly. What the fuck was that? I wanted to punch the guy who was bitching and moaning.

The footage with Gaahl was very good, but the people who were on the project just shouldn't have been there.

Gaahl's an intense man, but I don't think that he's in a twisted state of mind. He has his own ideas, and they aren't that bad compared to most.

I think the journalists (sic) tried to make some controversy out of him but failed, and Gaahl came out the stronger. I mean, that mountain climbing tantrum was obviously bullshit, and as for the silence who says we need to talk when we just feel like sitting and thinking?

Exactly.

Very cool interview. It was also interesting to see Lars Nedland (Solefald, Borknagar etc) in the first interview as a reporter, and to see Peter Beste who has taken some of the most known photos in Black Metal.