Veyr bad news for opeth.

you're forgetting that when Isberg and the other dudes left they left Mikael to do what he wanted with Opeth, so I see him as a founding member. Different band with the same name is really what it was.

Bah, humbug.
Opeth was only good when Rille and Blåfot ruled it.

and on a serious note... whoa! that was a bit unexpected, as said.
but as long as he does his stuff good (and since i trust Mike with his own band, i wont doubt it) i guess all but Mike are/is (which one is right??) expendable..

Well to take advantage of Adam's mistake... I present...

veyrcopyhe9.jpg

BAD NEWS FOR OPETH!

:lol: very nice

The more I think about it the more I wonder why mikael picked the people he did. None of the new members seem to fit the band. I was thinking about the new keyboardist who doesn't seem to fit right in the band at all. I for one really liked ghost, but always notice how out of place the keyboardist is a lot of the time. I wonder if thats something we are gonna have to deal with more and more. The sound will be the same, but the players wont fit. The still life line up till deliverance was perfect for the band. I guess I'll just have to wait, and see.

Wow, I don't know why...but this news really hit me...it hit me HARD. Ouch, I still feel it in my stomach.

Well, looking on the bright side, I did see Opeth 6 times...and they were all with Peter. So, I'm thankful I did. The thing is, all those times and I wasn't able to meet the band...once...at all. It sucks. But even though I haven't met the guys, there's just no denying how humble Peter is. That's why he'll be missed by me. That guy just seems....real. Very cool guy and it's hard to find people that are so down to earth like this. His interviews express this. But anyway, if it's not in you anymore it's not in you...the guy said it well.

A big :kickass: CHEERS goes out to him. In fact, I should post this up at the Opeth boards as well - I'm sure someone brought this up for sure.

I guess after being in a band for so long it could be quite understandable that you'd get tired of it, no matter how much fun it might be.

Something tells me that Opeth have unfortunately past their zenith... Could this be the end of Opeth as we know it?

:lol: very nice

The more I think about it the more I wonder why mikael picked the people he did. None of the new members seem to fit the band. I was thinking about the new keyboardist who doesn't seem to fit right in the band at all. I for one really liked ghost, but always notice how out of place the keyboardist is a lot of the time. I wonder if thats something we are gonna have to deal with more and more. The sound will be the same, but the players wont fit. The still life line up till deliverance was perfect for the band. I guess I'll just have to wait, and see.

I don't know who played the keyboards for GR but I know that it was Steven Wilson for Damnation and those keyboards are fukkin great.Actually the most of the cold atmospheric and psychedelic feeling in the album is given by the keyboards I think.I didn't pay much attention to keyboards in GR since it's not one of my faves.

Yeah they got a permanent keyboardist since ghost. He's no wilson I can tell you that much.

nah way.. totally in your face obvious melodys. per's an amazing player and it works brilliantly. you can hear that it sounds like its taken from a different type of music. but i think it mesh's well. although the next album will be a definite improvement in terms of blending the sounds together. but i liked the way it was goin with gr.