Veyr bad news for opeth.

nah way.. totally in your face obvious melodys. per's an amazing player and it works brilliantly. you can hear that it sounds like its taken from a different type of music. but i think it mesh's well. although the next album will be a definite improvement in terms of blending the sounds together. but i liked the way it was goin with gr.

+1

I didn't expect to see that. When I first saw them live in 2001 on their US tour with Nevermore, it was Peter and Lopez that stood out to me most, not only because of their playing, but their personalities after the gig. Now they're both gone. It's sad, but life goes on, I guess.

I'm always interested in what their next album is gonna sound like (especially now with two new members), but I feel I've grown away from them (or at least the direction they started to take after "Still Life"). I'm glad Katatonia can change up their sound and direction a bit without losing the "essence" that originally drew me to them and they just keep getting better in every aspect with each release.

I am very surprised by this news. However, I respect Peter's decision -- I can imagine that it was quite a difficult one. His performances with Opeth were always great, and on the few occasions that I met him, he was very nice, and seemed to have a deep respect for music, and for Opeth's fans. I wish him well, and am looking forward to whatever music he will be involved in next!

As for Opeth...I am not too concerned. They're great musicians, and have a high level of integrity. Also, although it is clear (and important to acknowledge) that other members have contributed, Mikael has been responsible for a lot of the songwriting. In any case, I'm looking forward to what will come next from Opeth. Support!

nah way.. totally in your face obvious melodys. per's an amazing player and it works brilliantly. you can hear that it sounds like its taken from a different type of music. but i think it mesh's well. although the next album will be a definite improvement in terms of blending the sounds together. but i liked the way it was goin with gr.

Agreed 100%. The keyboards are killer on GR, they add a mysterious, epic soundtrack-ish feel to the music and are perfectly well placed and adapted to Opeth's sound...far from being that circus-music wanky cheese that is so common on Dream Threatre's albums.

I <3 Per

Agreed 100&#37;. The keyboards are killer on GR, they add a mysterious, epic soundtrack-ish feel to the music and are perfectly well placed and adapted to Opeth's sound...far from being that circus-music wanky cheese that is so common on Dream Threatre's albums.

I <3 Per
Well put...and far from Dream Theatre's mindless wankery. Per brings a new element to the table. Something special that was needed. I cant wait to hear some new music out of this new supergroup id like to call Opeth!

So far I have seen every Opeth recording line-up live I think :)

Saw them on the Morningrise tour when they supported Cradle Of Filth, saw them on the BWP tour, Damnation/Deliverance tour and on the GR tour. Now I need to see them with the new guy.

Ooh The Moor? You're one of the lucky ones then cause they never play that live. I think Ive seen them 3-4x. Best time being the Chronology tour where they played for at least 3 hrs straight. Working from Orchid all the way up. It was fucking phenomenal...

Ooh The Moor? You're one of the lucky ones then cause they never play that live. I think Ive seen them 3-4x. Best time being the Chronology tour where they played for at least 3 hrs straight. Working from Orchid all the way up. It was fucking phenomenal...

Indeed..."The Moor" live is amazing.

And Chronology MCMXCIV - MMV was great indeed. Even if they didn't play "Black Rose Immortal". :(

I've seen them playing the song Blackwater Park :)
They told us this is the first time in years they played that, so it was special.
I guess it was? haha

That was good times.

I wonder if this new Opeth line-up will play any songs that haven't previously been played (ever, or in quite some time). "Dirge for November", I hope. And it has been quite some time since I've seen "The Drapery Falls" now.