Vic Records news related to Dan

Good to see I'm not the only one waiting for something to come out of that label. I'm just glad I'm not having a new record waiting to be launched by Vic, to me it doesn't matter if neither Deadmarch or the unreleased Leukemia album don't come in a few years, they are over a decade old both of them anyways, haha...

Well while waiting for the new Another Life and all other VIC stuff, here´s me and Andreas drinking beer and rehearsing for fun with the dudes from the original Paganizer lineup after 10 years,

www.myspace.com/sinnersburn

Not the best shit around but fucken fun :kickass:

You get all in one. The original release and the remastered re-release in the same disc ! Just think about the inflation. You save a lot of money
"Vic (Sick ) records, vintage before it´s released" , a far better slogan than the misspelled one they have on their caps :lol:

you can have a special edition with the second cd being the same album with the original mastering
like those beatles albums that put the album twice on one cd...once in mono and once in stereo

All of their legal troubles should be over supposedly, so I'd have some faith now as things should be really rolling soon...I hope :)

There's just too much cool stuff for it not to come out!

Wow - just checked their website. I had no idea that Memory Garden was still active. I remember Dan Swano producing their last one years ago, but then he left the project and Mike Wead was back in the picture or something. Wasn't the band without a label for years too? It seems they've finally finished their CD. If it comes out on Vic, I'll buy it. I always thought Tides and especially Verdict of Posterity were killer Candlemass-inspired modern doom albums.

Yeah, that's part of the reason I don't post here - what's the point? Most of us on here have lives, most of us working for living, some of us are married with children; it wouldn't hurt to come home one day and read some news and maybe listen to a sample clip of on of our favourite bands.

Some of these guys strike me as completely self-important a**holes, really.

I already mentioned this in a different thread, but this long-awaited 'worldwide distribution deal' the label has been talking about has apparently been finalized, according to their website, so one can only hope that some of these titles will start seeing the light of day sometime soon. I only had brief contact with Roel (VR head honcho?) a few years back, but he seemed like a down to earth, honest fella, so I can't see him totally pulling the wool over our eyes here. And if Dan himself has been giving the rights to some of his works to Vic Records (i.e. Total Terror, Infestdead, Odyssey, etc.), that leads me to believe that HE actually trusts these guys? There has to be some merit to THAT, really.

Roel seems cool, talked to him in e-mail, and of course Ivan posts on here. Also spoken with him on ICQ, so 2 cool dudes trying to get things done the right way = good!

no. the reason is that it's still in the works. dan has said it might take decades, well, be happy it'll take just about only one :)

memory garden has been finished years ago, it would have been out soon, people shell out the cash and don't hear anything after that. different story.

Roel is an ace guy and I wish him the best with his label and that he actually gets those fucken albums out real soon.
K did you get a sex change? Nice new avatar :lol:

Another Life is worth the wait. ;) I'm sure the Vic guys are sorting it out and all this skepticism will be put to rest. They've got a sick lineup of albums to release, they can't hold onto them forever.