VIC NEWS: Odyssey - Odyssey

ColdDarkNord

www.bragin.cz
Jun 1, 2001
Kralupy nad Vltavou, Czech
www.bragin.cz
There is no Odyssey like Odyssey! Odyssey consists of no-one less than Dan Swano (Nightingale / Edge of Sanity) and Lord K. (The Project Hate / Deadmarch)! All discussions on the internet forums can be closed. Hell yeah, Vic Records will re-release the legendary Odyssey mini cd. This mini was originally released on Utopian Vision from Canada in 1999. Vic Records recently bought all rights. Lord K and Dan will record one new track and the mini will be released with the new track plus the 3 other songs. Total playing time will be around 25 minutes. The entire album will be re-mastered by Dan Swano. Release date? Somewhere in 2007.
Finally Dan Swano comments on the new track: ‘The new Odyssey track will be a blend of our favourites Blumchen and E.L.O. or not...’.

NOT A RE_ISSUE WITH BONUS! NEW FULLL LENGTH WITH THE 1999 EP AS BONUS!

Well, the plans for this one have changed slighty......Dan's dream always have been to record songs of his all time fave doom / metal bands.....He will record some of these and they will be added to the remastered original mini cd songs, and this will turn out into a full length album. Release date will be around summer next year. Dan is still in the pre-production phase and recording demo verions of the cover songs with several musicians...

here is some news about Odessey from Dan:

The ODYSSEY EP have been remastered/restored and sounds almost re-recorded!!
The additional coversongs have also been completed!!
IN THE HEAT OF THE NIGHT (SANDRA) feat. Marcus Vanhala on Lead Guitar
EYES OF THE WORLD (RAINBOW) feat. Tino Kallioniemi on Lead Guitar
SHAKE THE DISEASE (DEPECHE MODE)
AT THE GALLOWS END (CANDLEMASS)
GYPSY (URIAH HEEP) feat. Dag Swanö on Lead Guitar
LOST HORIZONS (MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP) featuring leadguitars from Vanhala and Morgan Pettersson

Most of these songs were up for "covering" at some earlier point in my career. The Sandra song was destined for the
cancelled Route Nine fullenght album. Eyes Of The World was demoed once before for a cancelled Nightingale EP where we
all recorded one song each and played all instruments too. At the Gallows End and Lost Horizons were both candidates for
the cover of choice for "Until eternity ends" until I accidentally stumbled on "Invisible Sun" and felt a "black album" treatment
of that would be a far more original choice ("Lost Horizons" was also covered by Memento Mori at the same time..same label)

I really don't know how those 'covers' are going to fit in with that concept... Then again, I haven't listened to that EP for a looooooong time (yes, I do one original copy) but fuck, I somehow always trust Dan to come up with the goods so...

the Odyssey album will be released 22 November 2010.
here is a short 'press statement ' about the album:

On the Odyssey album Dan makes an old dream of him come true, covering his all times favourite songs. On this album 'Reinventing The Past' Dan covers track of Rainbow (Eyes of The World), Sandra (In the Heath of The Night), Depeche Mode (Shake The Disease), Uriah Heep (Gypsy), Candlemass (At The Gallows End), M.S.G. (Lost Horizons) and U.F.O. (Cherry).

All instruments are performed by Dan Swanö and of course he did the entire production at Unisound Studio, Örebro, Sweden. Guest lead guitars by Dag Swanö (Dan's brother and also in Nightingale) and Omnium Gatherum guitarist Markus Vanhala amongst others.

Bonus to the album is the Odyssey mini CD from 1999. Odyssey back then was Dan Swanö all vocals, drums and keyboards, Rick Gustafson (ex- Memory Garden) and Kenth Philipsson (The Project Hate) both on guitar. The EP has long been out of print and is a much-sought-after collector's item. Swanö re-mastered the original tracks and according to the master himself, it sounds like it’s completely remixed. All artwork (cover and booklet) is made by Ivan S. Bragin (October Tide, The Gathering, Hearse).