Odyssey - Odyssey

ColdDarkNord

www.bragin.cz
Jun 1, 2001
Kralupy nad Vltavou, Czech
www.bragin.cz
There is no Odyssey like Odyssey! Odyssey consists of no-one less than Dan Swano (Nightingale / Edge of Sanity) and Lord K. (The Project Hate / Deadmarch)! All discussions on the internet forums can be closed. Hell yeah, Vic Records will re-release the legendary Odyssey mini cd. This mini was originally released on Utopian Vision from Canada in 1999. Vic Records recently bought all rights. Lord K and Dan will record one new track and the mini will be released with the new track plus the 3 other songs. Total playing time will be around 25 minutes. The entire album will be re-mastered by Dan Swano. Release date? Somewhere in 2007.
Finally Dan Swano comments on the new track: ‘The new Odyssey track will be a blend of our favourites Blumchen and E.L.O. or not...’.

There's the official public word, I already knew this was happening from Lord K, but waited for this!

Can't fuckin wait to hear a new Odyssey track, woo!

I can say that I have started ever so slowly to compose this extra track for the re-release. Neither me nor Dan's got any fucken clue as for when we will record it or anything though. First I have to complete the new The Project Hate album, since that feels more important to me. But eventually I'll get around to finish up this mentioned track, then we'll see what Dan comes up with as far as vocals and shit goes, if he even likes the track that is, haha...

I have seen numerous posts about people wanting a full-length. Well, it's of no interest to me nor Dan actually. One track - fine, a whole album - nah. Not with me anyways, haha...

I'm sure Dan will inform you guys on how everything goes with this re-release coz I pretty much know as much as anyone else here. I was just asked by Dan to compose a track and hey, I dig that shit.

This kind of shit pisses me off.

because you'd need to pay twice for the same album?

well, i argued the same way when roadrunner released the Opeth GR ltd. edition. i just downloaded the bonus material.

the difference is that Roadrunner could/should have released the ltd edition right away instead of a year later: they force fans to buy it twice if they want the bonus material. the original odyssey couldn't have been released with the extra track.

because you'd need to pay twice for the same album?

Well, not me as I got the original edition as a promo from Utopian Vision. But the fact remains that if I want to hear this other song, I need to buy something I already have, grovel to Lord K or Dan to send me a copy for free, or use underhanded means to get it. Most people who bought it in the first place have fewer choices than that and because they spent money, having to make that choice is even more insulting.

well, i argued the same way when roadrunner released the Opeth GR ltd. edition. i just downloaded the bonus material.

Roadrunner are complete fucks and the only thing I like about them is the fact that they could be dropped once the current trend ends, just like all the bands they've fucked over the years, because now they're just a major label imprint. I don't download, and I don't touch anything on Roadrunner that isn't old stuff on deep deep discount (like the King Diamond, Sepultura, and Annihilator albums I recently filled out my collection with).