Video of me playing domination and sea of lies on a fretless bass

Jun 9, 2007
It isn't the best but it's still something I haven't seen anyone do. I also paid my respects to Skelator's "Siege of Gondor" in this video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my fucking god.

Epic win for wearing my personal favorite T-shirt (I wear it all the fucking time); Emperor - In the Nightside Eclipse!

Epic win for playing a fretless bass, the only instrument almost as cool as contrabass!

Epic win for I don't know what the fuck your shouted in the start but it sounds like some shit I'd shout so fuck yeah!

I can't say how well you played but I think it sounded nice and on an unrelated note you should totally let that mustache grow.

You're the coolest person on this forum right now, no fucking joke.

I'm gonna have to agree with the mustache compliments...pretty much the first thing i thought when I saw the video.

Anyway that was really pretty damn awesome. Maybe just the tempo at :28-:29, but I could be wrong, I'm no critic. Either way I ended up watching it like five times - you sir are a great human being

Epic win for I don't know what the fuck your shouted in the start but it sounds like some shit I'd shout so fuck yeah!

He said "The West has fallen! NOW GO BACK AND BUUUURRRNNNN"
It's from the Skelator song Siege of Gondor. Sweet

The vid fucking rules, you're a kick-ass bassist and that 'stache is too fucking sweet man!

Thank you all. I just realized that I didn't play domination exactly correct. I added an extra beat on the c string during the second part and the triple hammer ons are supposed to be right after the descending section, but I added an extra root measure in between. Oh well. It's pretty close.

Pardon my ignorance, but you are tuned to D right? Absolutely great chops mi amigo:worship: I play bass but I'm nowhere near that fluid. I write originals mainly so haven't tried copping SX riffery. Go Derek Smalls with that moustache and you shall frighten Gods and small animals!
Peace out - Slappy

This video doesn't include him tackling James LaBrie, so there's no way he's a Myung. We'll just have to believe him.

I wish I could meet up with Lepond sometime and play for him and have him give me some help. I've never had any bass lessons in my life. I'm pretty sure I live pretty close to where he does but I'm not sure.