Video tutorial: Mixing drums that slam!

Don't wanna sound like a dick but, the website look and feel, the "you've got 3 days to give me your money, after that it's too late", the "secrets from the pro nobody wants to tell you except me", the "I will teach you how to make more money with your mixing skills" and so on ... really sound like a bad penis enlargment scam.
I'm not saying the content is not worth the money but honestly ... 350$ ? 5 hours ?

Hey guys,
I'm sorry that some of you seem unhappy about the offer. I'm not going to spend a lot of time justifying the price, like I said if it's not for you, no problem. I hope that everyone who got a chance to see the free videos learned something valuable, regardless of whether they want to purchase the course!
I knew the price wouldn't be for everyone, and I'm not trying to sell to everyone like a Creative Live. I feel totally fine if you think it's too much. In the first day more people registered than I expected overall, so I'm nothing but stoked and excited to hang out with them:).

So... all good. Don't be mad. You don't have to pay me.

PS. I already had one customer say that it's the "best mixing course this year and I've seen the all the recent 'big name' courses," and nothing but positive feedback from buyers so far.

Hey guys,
I'm sorry that some of you seem unhappy about the offer. I'm not going to spend a lot of time justifying the price, like I said if it's not for you, no problem. I hope that everyone who got a chance to see the free videos learned something valuable, regardless of whether they want to purchase the course!
I knew the price wouldn't be for everyone, and I'm not trying to sell to everyone like a Creative Live. I feel totally fine if you think it's too much. In the first day more people registered than I expected overall, so I'm nothing but stoked and excited to hang out with them:).

PS. I already had one customer say that it's the "best mixing course this year and I've seen the all the recent 'big name' courses," and nothing but positive feedback from buyers so far.

So it seems like you got some customers, good for you, seems like your price worked like you wanted then (can't say that I'm not suprised though, seems like you handle this better than me :lol:). I wish you luck for the future and hope that your course will be a success, also I want to thank you again for sharing the free content!

Hey guys,

It's too bad that you set up a limited time to subscribe. I cant' afford it now but next month it would be ok. No chance to subscribe later?

I really can´t get my head around this price scheme/time frame. Leaving aside that by living abroad the price for me is 4600 in my currency (wich is a lot of money for me) i think that if you have at least ten people complaining (in the end, not buying) probably if the price was lower you would sell more for less and that would in the end would give you at least the same amount of money but you would have helped a lot more people and a have a bigger client base (wich of course it would be great for future products) Also, why limiting the time frame? the only reason i can think for doing that is that you are trying to make the people buy it now in "desperation" so they can´t really see that it is overpriced. Then there is also those promises that this will get "clients begging to work with you". Come on, we all know that watching online courses won´t make you magically talented, good with marketing and people skills and all of those abilities that are absolute musts in this industry. To get good at something you have to practice, practice, practice.... im not saying videos are not helpful, they indeed are, but why tell people something that it is just not true? For example, all of the concepts on your free videos are very well written in Ermz´s book and tons of other videos and books all around the internet.
I probably sounding like a dick, but i guess me and everybody sharing their opinions here are telling all of this things to help you (of course you may not need the help since you stated that people are buying and that you are ok with it) but if your goal is to a)earn more money = then make it cheaper, you will sell more videos b) help people = more clients means more people being helped by your experience and also c) help the people that really need help = beginers don´t really have that kind of money, so at that price you are targeting at a more advanced audience (and maybe that is your goal) but at a more competive price you would be helping people that really needs it D) build a better marketing reputation for future products = cut the elite time frame and the success promises, sell it for what it is and people would buy your next series: you are selling not the holy grail of mixing, but a video showdown of your experience with concepts that are floating all over the internet and that everybody has access to.

I wish you all the luck! hopefully some day i can buy the course. Thanks!

I felt like it was nothing new (the free vids) and this is just a hobby for me. In fact, all the talking about really nothing useful, imo, annoyed me and made me skip around in the end ;) 5 mins in the first vid and I was browsing tits waiting for something that got my attention. :lol:

That said, do your thing jval, all the best. :D

I'm not here to fight with you, I think you're great. But clearly this has ruffled a few feathers. Here is my opinion why, and it's not just a simple matter of "the price is too high".

The whole pricing model and time window are just bizarre. If you wanted to limit the number that bought the course (thought I'm not sure what the point of that would be) then why not find 10 of your supporters in facebook or wherever and sell it to them privately? Having a timed window on the premise of "I am not trying to reach the masses, but rather a smaller group of "hardcore" mixers who are seriously motivated to do big things." makes no sense. 5 people or 5000 people could have signed up in that time. You've also monetised peoples commitment and motivation ie if you're willing to pay more then you must be serious and motivated.

The idea of "one of my hours is worth this so the course is worth that" concept is flawed. I'm glad the world doesn't work this way because a carton of eggs would cost $900. You're charging every one of you customers for hours you've already spent. Based of this rationale you've made five hours of content that each customer has to pay for, but if you sell five copies then you've been paid for 25 hours, you've collectively been paid for 20 hours where you did nothing. There is no application of value vs cost vs worth.

My opinion is if you made it $49 (arbitrary amount), available forever you would have sold tons by now. I would have though your target audience would have been early to intermediate music producers and musicians who would learn a lot from the course but ultimately form a relationship with you, a relationship where they buy pretty much any more content you make and many beyond that hit you up for private lessons or to mix their work. I'm not sure who you're targeting here or how this is the type publicity is of any benefit to your brand.

I don't think you should have given access to some videos then take them away. That's guaranteed way to annoy people. I also think that you should have been up front in your OP about where this was headed. The whole thing looks like a ploy to cause some sort of panic buy. I know it's not, but to many that's what they'll think.

Yeah, it's pretty much like those commercials that are on at 3 in morning where there's a timer and they tell you to buy now. Some feminist these days would label this rape. :lol:

Well, it's his strategy after all. Some can say the courses are not delivering anything special, etc. I must say that if the price was a bit lower and the time unlimited for subscription, I would have bought this course for sure. Without a doubt. The free content was nice enough to grab my attention. And I am not the only one in that case.

LZIu55w.gif

I realize that some of you disagree with my pricing strategy, and that's ok. I'm completely confident in what I'm offering and totally comfortable with the price I chose. I have many reasons for the way I've done this course, and I've explained all of them in the videos and previous posts.

I don't think you should have given access to some videos then take them away. That's guaranteed way to annoy people. I also think that you should have been up front in your OP about where this was headed. The whole thing looks like a ploy to cause some sort of panic buy. I know it's not, but to many that's what they'll think.

I never posted a link or pitched anything after the first 3 videos were over. The conversation about the premium course was started by others... again, my purpose was to post some valuable free videos, and then provide an option for a select few that want to go deeper.

the premise of "I am not trying to reach the masses, but rather a smaller group of "hardcore" mixers who are seriously motivated to do big things." makes no sense. 5 people or 5000 people could have signed up in that time. You've also monetised peoples commitment and motivation ie if you're willing to pay more then you must be serious and motivated.

I completely disagree. A person who pays $49 for something vs. $349 has a totally different mindset. And that's the type of person I'm interested in teaching.

Lastly, the pricing is not just based on my time. It's price by value. If this can help someone go from charging $100/song to $300/song in a few months, that's a valuable investment. That's my aim.

I'm sure that the objectors have made up their mind already, but hopefully this clears things up for anyone who's still interested.

Thanks for all the great feedback overall guys. Looking forward to doing more videos.

I never posted a link or pitched anything after the first 3 videos were over. The conversation about the premium course was started by others... again, my purpose was to post some valuable free videos, and then provide an option for a select few that want to go deeper.

mate your videos were not free but time limited as to access them now costs $349. If they really were free for all time then post them on youtube. Some of us never got the chance to watch all 3 videos to judge their worth to us.

I also don't get your train the opposition strategy unless you know that buyers of your product can't get to your level without connections.

It was mostly the same info from Ermz's book, grab that if you missed them. When did online mixing guides get this spammy? I'm getting pretty much daily spam from Eyal too, it's an instant turn off. The only guy who does anything like this who isn't spamming me to death trying to sell me stuff is Brian Hood. I don't want to have to unsubsribe from people as I'm always keen to see what people are offering and I like to help people but when it's this aggressively marketed that inclination disappears fast.

I wonder if these guys realise that most of this info is already out there on the internet either for free or for very competitive prices and most people who buy from them do it out of convenience or to support them. Spam emails and marketing strategies designed to sucker morons don't really help encourage that since it makes it a hassle and erodes goodwill.

I don't think anybody has a problem with monetising information or podcasts but there's a balance when it comes to marketing it.

What's really Sad here is all of the complaints. Jordan has worked at crafting his skill's and clearly what he demonstrated in the initial video's generated enough interest in people wanting more of what's on offer. I don't entirely agree with the 5 day deadline either, I personally think he could have approached that side of it differently , but it is what it is. Had I had more notice I would have registered but to go on questioning him about this that and the other is just useless. Good luck to him I say and I look forward to potentially experiencing another round of what might be.

What's really Sad here is all of the complaints. Jordan has worked at crafting his skill's and clearly what he demonstrated in the initial video's generated enough interest in people wanting more of what's on offer. I don't entirely agree with the 5 day deadline either, I personally think he could have approached that side of it differently , but it is what it is. Had I had more notice I would have registered but to go on questioning him about this that and the other is just useless. Good luck to him I say and I look forward to potentially experiencing another round of what might be.

thanks dude! i'm not bothered by the comments here. A handful of people here is just not representative compared to the hundreds that enjoyed the free videos, and dozens who purchased the course.
Alright, no more for me to say on this.
peace!

I completely disagree. A person who pays $49 for something vs. $349 has a totally different mindset. And that's the type of person I'm interested in teaching.

Sorry to say man but this statement is a bit ridiculous. So it´s what I am willing to give that defines my mindset? That is a quite narrow point of view. I see everyday stupid rich people spending money on stupid shit, so just because they have the money to afford things that I dont have they have a different mindset, a better one do you say?

What I am willing to give or what I think that the things should cost doesnt have relation with my motivation, ideas, determination, attitude. Just sounded like a bad reason to set a price.

$349 isn't really that bad on the grand scale of things. As with anything in life, if you don't like the price, move on, buy something else.

I liked the videos that I saw, and would have been interested if the course was open for longer. That's the only thing I have issue with, but the chance is gone. If people buy it, learn something and enjoy it, that's all that matters. Brian Hood said that you have to invest in yourself to improve your skills. $349 is a small price to pay.