Vintersorg at Wacken 2001

Djöfull

Jan 27, 2002
Iceland
I only got to see 6-8 songs, I didn´t have any of his albums before I saw the gig but I had listen to some of them on the internet... and I was determined to check the band better out.

The reason I was late for the gig was because we had to go to the supermarket and to the bank( it was like 30-45 minutes by foot, a lot further I thought it would be), we were out of money and starving... after waiting in the queue of death... the ****ing cash mashine/ATM went out of order at the same moment it was our turn!!
I looked at the clock: The time is THAT much!
so I just had to run to not miss Vintersorg and Dark Tranquility!

I remember clearly the songs “Till Fjälls” and “Rainbow Demon” and maybe... “Ars memorativa” ? I enjoyed it thouroughly. a lot of old elder metalsheads around me :/

anywayz...did someone else attend the gig?
MR.V. or fans... what other songs were played?

nice pic:

http://www.wacken-open-air.com/gallery/2001/0_09_vintersorg.jpg

eeeehh!!
I became so exiting when i saw this thred topic! 'cuz I read 2002... hoped he had been confirmed for this years wacken...
but yeah yeah :rolleyes:

i were not at wacken last year.. but are going this year tho :headbang:

hehe i read 2002 too, i was already getting this face --> :cry: 'cause i had just read the thread about the Inferno Festival ( :mad: )

well I love to see some down considering I did attend the concert and most probably be at wacken this year too :loco:
ok I was joking, ehem ehem :p

well Vintersorg was the 30% of my whole trip to wacken, but I had tooooooooooooo much expectation about the gig and I guess that's why it wasn't what I expected. It was a great gig, but I expected it to be different. As it's normal HE can't do the growling/clear duetlines live, and that gave me a big kick in the ass :( but well I hope to see the band live once again asap!!!!!!

fathervic (ehmmmmmm)

I will give this statement on more time, just for the great feeling...:D

Vintersorg in wacken last year was one of my best live experiences ever! It´s up there in the top with Maiden 93 and Dark Tranquillity/In Flames 97.

I stood and had goosebumps for 45 minutes, and I even choose to stand there the whole concert, eventhough Dark Tranquillity played at the other stage. And they are my all time favourite band (Iron Maiden does not count :D ) (Ok, I have seen ´em eight times and that was my first and only time with Vintersorg, sooo that may have had some inpact on my choice, but I don´t think so.)

the gig was incredible.

-phyros (there you are :D )