Vinyls

Vinyls... I don't have any but my dad has heeps. I listened to some old Iron maiden records he had and I kind of liked it. I have about 6 vinyls incoming now, mostly 7". I've got some moonblood and judas iscariot split-EP's coming in, I ordered them because those tracks aren't available on CD.
It's sometimes annoying you can't skip tracks...

I prefer CD. Vinyl is not my thing.
People say it's a better atmosphere and feeling when listening to
a vinyl, but it hasn't strucked me yet! hehe

CD is smaller, better sound and so on...and as humus666 said,
it's annoying that you can't skip tracks as easy as on a CD.

:)

vinyl is best ;) my latest score was 1968 release by deep purple. cool. :p

...how much longer until the opeth dvd release :)

I hate vinyl and all other media that break from usage (vhs, casettes, etc) with a passion. Whether they're good quality or not doesn't matter (although vinyl does suck when scratched, casettes always sound bad and vhs is real crappy image quality).

A lot of my friends collect most of their music on vinyl (the metalheads).....There is this whole vinyl underworld. I am surprised more people here are not into it. I have some but not a lot, only because my record player sucks. I have the Limited to 500 Katatonia demo on Blue vinyl:headbang: oh yea and the second 7 inch Anathema put out:devil: The first Moonspell, Tiamat - Wildhoney picture disc......Vinyl kicks ass......shit how could i have forgotten i have Venom - Black Metal on Vinyl when it was on the Banzai label.:D

I used to love collecting vinyl, but I can't afford it anymore.

I like listening to records, but there are two problems. 1) It's inconvenient, especially when there's a cat on the record player, and 2) strange things happen when we dig out the old records-things get way out of control...

My sister and I inherited our father’s vinyl collection. We have a lot of Pink Floyd, Yes, Beatles etc. The only vinyls I have bought personally are of course Opeth’s albums. However, I don’t have Still Life on vinyl because it doesn’t exist:(

I have some vinyls. Lots of vinyl lovers say the sound is "warmer". I just find CD's sonically better, cleaner, less prone to scratches. Plus, they're more convenient.

Some older music that was transferred to CD, like my Led Zeppelin collection, has some faults, but I still like the CD sound better.

I loooooooove vinyls :))))
and fuck the bad sound...i take much care of my vinyls,so it is sth not so usual for me :) but even a bit of "scratch" "scratch" and other little sounds that other people find annoying make me feel even cooooler...well it's an obsession :) :hotjump:

unfortunately....i buy more cds than vinyls for the obvious reason....:(

I have several vinyls(including Opeth) and really like them. I like the larger artwork and just think they are overall really neat. I wish I had a better record player and wish the vinyls weren't so easily scratched.

I stumbled across a really incredible record player called a laser turntable a while back. It is basically like a cd player in that you insert the vinyl and let it play without a needle. It basically doesn't allow for any scratches, and it also comes with a nice vinyl cleaning machine that gets down in the crevices of the vinyl to clean out dust and dirt. The only problem is that it is incredibly expensive($13,500 to $23,500). It would be ideal for someone with a lot of money and a really old, priceless vinyl collection that was highly rare. If you are interested and wish to dream about this you can go to http://www.elpj.com :D

The argument about the "coldness" of CD sound and the depth and "warmness" that vinyl gives will always come up I guess but CD's are just more convenient. The cover-art thing is pretty cool though (for vinlys). Why don't they just release CD's in big fucking oversized cases? ;)

I have about 60 vinyls, but I don't listen to them as often as I listen to cds. (It would be pretty hard to install a vinyl-player in your car...). Double vinyls are another thing: for example Queenstÿche's Empire is a double vinyl that has 2-3 songs per side. You have to be changing the side before you can sit down! But still, you can't find listenable cds for 2 dollars... (this is if there really is someone else but me who thinks old Gary Moore is listenable... :) )