Vinyl or C.D.

• Vynil

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • C.D.

Votes: 25 78.1%

• Total voters
Oct 24, 2007
Canada
I was thinking about some of the vinyls i have and i realised ive never listened to them, so what do you think? on vinyl or on C.D, which is better

I love the sound of Vinyl, but if I had Opeth vinyls I wouldn't play them, though I have no doubt they would sound alot better providing you had a good stylus.

Except the sentimental value of a vinyl, It really doesn't give you anything when the album was Recorded and/or mixed digitally. It's just converting analog signal to digital waveform then back to analog...

But vinyls ARE fucking tasty :)

Vinyl is analogic, and CD is digital.. Nothing can play a sound better than a vinyl.. So I would say Vinyl due to it's emotional value and it's high quality...

If I had a good analog system I would most definitely listen to vinyl.

It's on my list of shit to waste money on.

Right below beer and hookers.

Which aren't getting cheaper...

best way to enjoy Opeth:

In a forest of october listening to "Orchid" being performed by the Orchid era lineup on elven crafted instruments, standing in the mists in twilight's robe under a weeping moon.

Seriously, what's wrong with all these people voting for CD?

I've never listened Opeth in a vinyl, but even I realized that vinyls with a good analog system would be far superior, especially in coolness.

I've never listened Opeth in a vinyl, but even I realized that vinyls with a good analog system would be far superior, especially in coolness.

The sound is immaculate.

But CD's/MP3 players are cheaper.

maybe ill pop in my watershed vinyl though, i have damnation but ill never play that, maybe at my wedding :p, and even then
but from what ive heard about analog, itd probably way better, ive heard records, just not opeth

Vinyl is analogic, and CD is digital.. Nothing can play a sound better than a vinyl.. So I would say Vinyl due to it's emotional value and it's high quality...

Read what I said.

Vinyls don't give you crap. The music was recorded and produced digitally.
IT'S ALREADY BEEN DIGITIZED, YOU GAIN NOTHING BY TURNING IT ANALOG AGAIN.

not in sound quality at least. You already lost some "information" on the way to making it digital...