Double albums from Opeth?

It's not a moneymaking scheme.

One album will be a usual Opeth album. From Mike's comments it sounds like they're continuing in the direction that BWP hinted. With the dissonance and stuff.

The other won't be all acoustic or mellow. I'm thinking it'll be Porcupine Tree -ish from what's been said.

He said there's no lyrics or concept yet, but I THINK he wants to tie them together somehow.

So you can buy one album and pretend the other doesn't even exist if you want. I think they're kept separate to give more room for experimentation. If you start doing weird stuff on even a double CD, you start worrying about how well it holds up as a piece of work. If you keep all that to a separate release, then you don't have to care at all and go in any direction you want.

I'm a little disappointed that I won't hear Mike rapping on the new one, though.

-Hondo

Originally posted by Hondo
[BI'm a little disappointed that I won't hear Mike rapping on the new one, though.

-Hondo [/B]

You too!? Ha. Anyway, I'm a big fan of Opeth's softer side, because they really do make great music that you can just relax to. Any band can just do balls-out heavy riffing and double bass and everything, but it takes a truely talented band to take it to the next level, and that's the emotional softer side. That's my opinion, at least.