Virgin Black: Beauty at its finest!

Yes, the members of Virgin Black are Christian, and some of their lyrics reflect their beliefs; however, their intent for the band is not to minister to people--they merely want to make music.

Alcapoth said:
There's alot of elegant music compositions which are totally striking in melody which are that comparable to classical music on par with like Bach or Mozart.

That basically says "don't listen to them they're not very good an I'm just a fanboy" right there.

But maybe I will just to see how far off that statement is.

Classicism bores me these days. It's too goddamn restrained by methodology. I prefer the modern, avant-garde stuff.

Okay. Just wondering where you were coming from. :)

Aside from Eine Kleine Nachtmusik, I've never liked Mozart.

Other than the fact the "on par" should have been left out from my statement, I don't regret writing it. Some of the music can definitely relate to the classical artists I've mentioned - obviously it isn't EXACTLY like it. Kinda like, if I had to compare them to something, that would have to be it - close enough.

I wouldn't consider myself a fanboy, though - if so, I'd state they are the be-all-end-all of all music and no other band can touch them (or, VB is the only band I listen to). Seeing as though I like quite a few other bands just as much and that Virgin Black is a newly discovered band for me (hence the creation of this thread), of course I'm going to rave about them and get others to give them a shot - but clearly, the "fanboyism" remark was a bit of a stretch imo. Just thought I'd have my say on this. ;) VB happened to be the band of the moment for me, that day - period.

Anyway, Sombre Romantic is the album featuring MUCH of the classical-style anyway. After hearing all of Elegant and Dying, it's evident it had much less (lack of cello, hehe.)

To those of you who have mentioned the song "A Poet's Tears of Porcelain:" I agree...the song is freaking excellent and I now can see why it was mentioned in the first place, heh. I think it probably features my favourite VB solo.

Another song with an amazing solo is Museum of Iscariot. The solos on Sombre Romantic remind me very much of The Crow.

Zhou Tai o4: What do you think of "Of Your Beauty?" And yeah, Museum of Iscariot is probably my second fave track off the album. There are many great parts in that song.