Virginia shooting

Apathy is not materialism is not apathy.
I didn't say one was the other..I said one leads to the other. I'm not getting into some argument over something so pointless again.

You say this kid got help?? He's dead does it look like he got help? Have you been to counseling? In most cases the counselor is just doing his job. They obviously don't care enough because anyone with a psychology degree, and a little compassion wouldn't have turned this kid away. Now I don't have a psychology degree, but by watching the tapes he sent to nbc, and with a little common sense I noticed he was diluted almost brainwashed. This is what society had placed in his head, and he really couldn't draw a line of morality or reality. Plus it takes more than just seeing someone for an hour a week, it really does take compassion from your fellow man as well. Also the goverment needs to take note of this, and stop cutting back on mental health. Things need to be done.

You can believe the spin doctors at work because they have a lot of stake here by putting the blame on some monster so everyone can get back to work thus making them more money, and so nothing has to be done. When the fact is there are no monsters here. I base all this from my 21 years of life, and not what some media outlet tells me. You don't have to believe me either, just open your eyes.

Did somebody say VTECH?

Vtech_learning_apple__55232.jpg

I'm not saying he got help - it's perfectly clear that he didn't. I'm saying that, as I said before, it's not something that one big blanket answer is going to solve. I'm not getting shit from the 'spin machines' or anything like that, and I do think that serious mental health issues (as in: not ADHD or whiny little thirteen-year-olds thinking they're bipolar, because that just wastes time and results in real problems getting ignored) need to be addressed better, there are a lot of things that can be done better and we're doing ourselves a disservice with blanket statements like that. Give it time before throwing this stuff around.

Jeff

I never said there was an easy answer or that I had it. I'm simply asking people to talk about it such as we're doing.

Like I said before I feel a more obtainable start is better mental health benefits from the government. I'm sure we can all agree upon this.

Death Delirium: Another one is lost to apathy. Seriously the problem isn't gun control because people would just find another way to kill one another. The problem is apathy towards your fellow man. "It's not my problem, I don't care." This wasn't some deranged asshole, and this totally could have been avoided. The signs were all there that this kid needed serious help, and people did little to nothing about it. So until you show some compassion to your fellow man shit like this will happen, and someday it will effect you directly.

Exactly what I was thinking. I'm just sad that so many people don't give a shit...that whole "it didn't happen to me, I don't care" attitude just contributes to the problem. :(

shows how twisted and fucked up people can get, and it can happen anywere. Thats why i live by the quote "Live life like its your last" I live everyday like i won't live to tomorrow...you just never know.

-steve

shows how twisted and fucked up people can get, and it can happen anywere. Thats why i live by the quote "Live life like its your last" I live everyday like i won't live to tomorrow...you just never know.

-steve
Hard to do that in today's society, what with 8 or 9 hours of time devoted to work.

Frankly, the fact that people still don't get that you don't make the same damages with a semi automatic weapon with 15 bullets per round than with a shotgun, knife, a hatchet or with your bare hands baffles me.

The guy shot 225 times for christ sake and people still argue about gun control.

Then again, American history is all about guns. Indians (American Natives) know this too well.

And crime rate in America is 5 times more important than in every other western democraties.

Racism, frustration, bullies, alienation, guns, obssesion with violence, self loathing, religion, lonelisness, the poorer getting poorer, the richer getting fatter :
there, you have it, your massacre in the making.

Unfortunately, other ticking time bombs are in place in the U.S and it won't be the last massacre.

Only in America.
Land of The Free.
God Bless the Second Amendement.
Alleluyah !!!

Oh get off it and move on. we have bigger problems, like Iraq and the same number of soldiers and civvies getting killed or wounded damn near every DAY.

I can't actually tell if you're trying to say we need gun control - I've never invoked the 2nd amendment, and just said that we do in fact have bigger issues than the guns to deal with, so if you're going to start saying we need to shove more unenforceable and ineffective laws through Congress' ass actually make a coherent argument.

Jeff