Vocal Change?

I like growls (death vocs) better. They just perfectly fit the music. It is more mannish than those high-pitched screams* of a pregnant witch the black metal bands love to use.

P.S. And man, did he just nail growls on One From the Stands or what. I never heard anyone actually singing in growls like he did on that track. Thats what I call skills.

* - They are preferably called shrieking.

I'm more into death metal nowadays so I prefer death grunt to black screams. But I think the combination of both would be the best style. Corpsegrinder uses his voice extremely amazingly. ;P

For most bands, I prefer lower vocals, but I really love Kalmah's higher shrieks. I think it's just one more feature that adds uniqueness to their music. If my opinion mattered, I'd choose for them to use the higher shrieks predominantly, while mixing some of the lower growls in where appropriate.

For most bands, I prefer lower vocals, but I really love Kalmah's higher shrieks. I think it's just one more feature that adds uniqueness to their music. If my opinion mattered, I'd choose for them to use the higher shrieks predominantly, while mixing some of the lower growls in where appropriate.

The vocal style you described is pretty much what is used on Swampsong, and partially on They Will Return.

*The predominant high shrieks, and occaisonal lows.