For the Revolution - your reactions

after numerous listens, it's good but i much prefer swampsong and they will return. those two albums will never be touched as far as i am concerned.

i like the new album. i just wish they wrote more songs like Bird of Ill Omen. it seems the melodies have shifted more into the synth and less in the guitars. the vocals are awesome though - theyre brutal.

Listening to it for the third time through (in a row!) while at work today - this is a really great record. The first four tracks & track seven are absolutely awesome, classics among the best songs Kalmah's ever made.

another masterpiece by kalmah, quite possibly darker and more epic than the black waltz, and i think they did the right thing by balancing the vocal styles. towards the sky, outremer and like a slave being my favorites. :headbang::headbang::headbang:

I said that because i think it's a very big lack of respect for Kalmah. Post your opinion anywhere but on Kalmah's own forum. You think they have time to lock threads everyday or what?

i couldnt agree more, i mean if you really want to download it do what you want but it is quite disrespectful to say you just downloaded something the band worked so hard on? i dont know do what you want im not going to change any minds but i agree with this dude^

If it wasn't for the internet/downloading I wouldn't even know what kalmah is.

The album rapes, and I'm going to buy it.

We need a US tour and then I'll happily give the band even more of my money.

Well, I downloaded the album AFTER I pre-ordered it, so I DID pay for it but I haven't received it yet...I couldn't wait..

The album is amazing. I was very pleasantly surprised...I hope they stay on this direction in the future, it kicks a lot of ass!

Hi dudes. It's the first time I'm posting on Kalmah Forum and I'm here to ask you a question about the title's meaning of their new album "For The Revolution".
I'm not into interviews so I don't know a lot about what is happening behind the scenes of the band. I'm just curious to know how/why they came with "For The Revolution".. what kind of revolution they talking about? Thx guys.

Sorry for my bad english. I'm from Québec (Kalmah did a nice show last Monday at Montréal btw)

Hi dudes. It's the first time I'm posting on Kalmah Forum and I'm here to ask you a question about the title's meaning of their new album "For The Revolution".
I'm not into interviews so I don't know a lot about what is happening behind the scenes of the band. I'm just curious to know how/why they came with "For The Revolution".. what kind of revolution they talking about? Thx guys.

Sorry for my bad english. I'm from Québec (Kalmah did a nice show last Monday at Montréal btw)
Well Im not 100% sure but maybe the lyrics to the title track can help.
For The Revolution
(music: A.Kokko lyrics: P.Kokko)
To the mighty star, to all its people, to the mankind
And to all true believers
You have known your brother and your leader
You know he never bowed to the despots
The dark cloud wavering in the sky
Pushed forward with ill-willed wind
Underneath walks a man having a dream
Wants to teach us his own way to live
Forgiveness is the word that he spreads
Through the barrels of the guns he have made
Entire world he wants to obey
And more power for himself to take
What does he want from us? What is the reason?
To occupy and to conquer, in the name of freedom?
We don't need his principle in revolt we shall rise
Soon he will notice that no-one converts us
The protest marchers fill up all the streets
Soon will bleed in the hands of police
The peaceful riot dispersed by the fire
In our eyes burning bright we will fight
So my brother, reach out your hand
And receive the true meaning of faith
The seed of the war has been plant
Stand firm
For the Revolution
We rise, We die
Amber lights illuminate all guns blazing
I am the whip of God lashing you down
This land that yesterday leaked nectar
Now nothing but a battlefield opened wounds
bleeding
I can smell the gun oil in my hands
When I'm taking away empty shells
I can see someone falling down dead
So the game is about to begin
Our faith is our bedrock
We shall not give up till we drop
And we wonder, we cannot understand
The meaning
For the Revolution
We rise, We die

eternalswamplord~> Thx, that's helping me a bit.. but it's doesn't answers me completely =P

"Underneath walks a man having a dream
Wants to teach us his own way to live"

Who's the man they talking about?
Sorry for my intense curiosity O_O

the new album exceeded my expectations. most of the songs are near-perfect. i am really trying to buy it, but can't find any stores selling it. the major retailers in america aren't carrying it until may 20th, and even then at $21.00. so... I think I'm just going to wait for the jap import.

At first listen, I thought to myself, "For the Revolution is a step-up from The Black Waltz, but not amazing". Now, FtR has slowly been crawling up my list becoming my favorite kalmah album, only behind Swamplord. It may be the newness factor, but this is such an epic album either way. Almost every song is COMPLETELY perfect to me, my only two exceptions are Towards the Sky and Coward, which are still great. I love the lyrics for Coward, and the Chorus/Keyboard Solo in Towards The Sky are some of my favorite parts from the whole album, essentially making no tracks on the album skippable by any means.

Wow...i've written too much for any person to care to read, i'm done:lol:

At first listen, I thought to myself, "For the Revolution is a step-up from The Black Waltz, but not amazing". Now, FtR has slowly been crawling up my list becoming my favorite kalmah album, only behind Swamplord. It may be the newness factor, but this is such an epic album either way. Almost every song is COMPLETELY perfect to me, my only two exceptions are Towards the Sky and Coward, which are still great. I love the lyrics for Coward, and the Chorus/Keyboard Solo in Towards The Sky are some of my favorite parts from the whole album, essentially making no tracks on the album skippable by any means.

Wow...i've written too much for any person to care to read, i'm done:lol:
Well hey man, I agree with you. I think Kalmah has composed 5 amazing different albums. To me, Swamplord will probably always be my #1 for personal reasons. But after that, all the albums are so close. But i think FtR is number two NOW. I hope everyone realizes that IT IS up there with Swampsong and They Will Return. I really think FtR is gonna move Kalmah up in the metal scene.

My question is: why didn't the first 3 move Kalmah up in the metal scene? I could never understand.
They got a little more exposure after The Black Waltz but not much after the first three.

My question is: why didn't the first 3 move Kalmah up in the metal scene? I could never understand.
They got a little more exposure after The Black Waltz but not much after the first three.
Thats true man, but like Antti said in his interview, Kalmah doesnt make a living off their music as other bands do. So i guess, maybe Kalmah is alright with not being so popular. Famous or not, in my opinion, Kalmah makes some of the best metal compositions i have ever heard.