For the Revolution - your reactions

Necrometer

Jun 8, 2006
If you want to talk about the politics and morality of listening to leaked albums, go here: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/kalmah/382392-leak.html There's no question I'll buy this record as soon as possible, for what it's worth.

I've only listened to FtR twice, and it seems to be exactly what I expected. An album very similar to TBW, the biggest changes come in the form of a more balanced vocal style (not just high / not just low, but rather a nice mix) and use of the synths in a way that's a bit different than any of their earlier records. I haven't seen the writing credits but I would predict Mr. Sneck has been flexing his compositional muscle here more than on TBW. I think the Kalmah sound is very much intact, and there's nothing too shocking on this record.

The songs are solid, and many could become classics among the best Kalmah's ever made. Dead Man's Shadow and Wings of Blackening (tracks 2 and 4) are my early favorites for the time being.

In the grand scheme of things, I'd say Kalmah was probably ready for another slightly more experimental record such as Swampsong. For the Revolution is a strong record that delivers the swampy goodness we all long for, but it doesn't really take any chances. Here's to some more variation with the next release!

Now to listen to this album another few dozen times and fall in love with it...

Ah, I should have mentioned - the leads are a bit better on this record than any other. In particular, the solo around 3:20 in Outremer is just great! The tremolo is overused in metal, but at the start of that solo it's PERFECT.

Like anybody cares about your premature analyses. ?
So
1) opinions about an album that hasn't been released yet are not valid?
2) opinions about an album that's been heard twice are not valid?

I don't think either of those really make sense. By all means, please continue demonstating your non-care by posting in this thread some more.

A thread of same type was just locked by Kalmah.....

And by the way this is way too early to talk about the album. The release is 23.4 so why the fuck should we be talking about this already??? I think this just provokes or encourages people to download the album beacause of your good first empressions. Fucking could not give a shit if you are going to buy the album, you still downloaded it. Doesn't make any difference.

A thread of same type was just locked by Kalmah.....

And by the way this is way too early to talk about the album. The release is 23.4 so why the fuck should we be talking about this already??? I think this just provokes or encourages people to download the album beacause of your good first empressions. Fucking could not give a shit if you are going to buy the album, you still downloaded it. Doesn't make any difference.

Um.. so what exactly is the problem? If he had received an original promotional copy of the album for review is he then allowed to discuss it?

:cry:

This is just childish guys, let people discuss what they want on the forum, and if Kalmah doesn't like it, they do have the authority of putting a stop to it. No use in everybody throwing there 2 cents in on whether we should be discussing the new album or not. People are going to talk about it/download it anyways.

I'm not saying I support, but from a neutral point of view just leave it be.

I said that because i think it's a very big lack of respect for Kalmah. Post your opinion anywhere but on Kalmah's own forum. You think they have time to lock threads everyday or what?

The release is 23.4 so why the fuck should we be talking about this already??? I think this just provokes or encourages people to download the album beacause of your good first empressions.
And hopefully it will also provoke people to buy the album. If the band wants to alienate their own fans by pretending the internet does not exist, they can do what they want to this thread. Otherwise, please keep these kinds of futile discussions in the other "Leaked" thread, which is more of an advertisement for illegal premature downloading than my post ever was.

And hopefully it will also provoke people to buy the album..

Okay, that can i go with. But my problem was, and point, that Kalmah obviously doesn't want us to talk about the album before the release(cause of locking the other tread and their comment there). Should at least respect their wishes on their forum. Like the other guy said, people should elsewhere talk about the album.

There are many signed bands/musicians that download stuff to see if an album is worth buying, because some bands do let their fans down with junk half ass music. I dont mind if they utilize it this way. I myself don't have any respect for people that sit around all day and burn piles of cd's, and sell them to their cheap 4 dollar friends. Really they are the ones that are not contributing to anything, only mooching off the industry like a leach that sucks blood... they are the ones plaquing the music industries death.

Okay, that can i go with. But my problem was, and point, that Kalmah obviously doesn't want us to talk about the album before the release(cause of locking the other tread and their comment there). Should at least respect their wishes on their forum. Like the other guy said, people should elsewhere talk about the album.
I feel a little embarassed now that I realize the other thread was locked - I honestly made a quick scan of the top threads and did not see that one. It sank pretty quickly due to being locked, of course. I sort of wish this thread could completely disappear, but me editing the first post isn't going to un-do anything.

I do feel that I'm an ambassador for Kalmah, sharing a song or two with friends who I think might like it, and keep people posted on other forums about the upcoming album. I did benefit from the leaking of this album, but I did not and would not contribute to further leaking.

To the band - sorry again - I didn't see the other thread, and I didn't intend to be part of a problem you're trying to fight.

I thought you knew about the closed thread and that's obviously why i reacted in such a hostile way. Good to see, in your last post, that you're not as careless as i thought...

this album is bought.
after tbw, i was thinking that the only way to become even better was varying the vocals and putting some more groovy melodies into their songs. and thats just what they did. awesome vocals, awesome tunes, sick guitar work. i hope this album will make them finally popular enough so they will think about a europe tour :)