For the revolution, You Tube.

well to start off, i LOVE this song. ok. next, it is NOT their best work, but it doesnt mean you so called "kalmah fans" should critize it so fucken hard just because it doesnt beat their classic songs. Think about all they have done with each album(they are all different!!). This song is more for Symphonic Death Metal fans (even thrash). Kalmah is evolving to a Symphonic Melodic Death Metal band in my opinion (yet, they still have their trademark swamp style feeling) It definetly gives me that "kalmah, swamp" feeling. When i think about kalmah's music (all their albums in order) i think about what they possess. Swamplord was crazy good in melodies and had a gloomy feeling. They Will Return is probably their most trademark album in that it represents best their swamp style (the eerie riffs, intricate solos, raspy vocals) About Swampsong, people have to realize that Swampsong is actually HEAVIER than The Black Waltz. Swampsong is amazing i believe cuz of the significant improvement of the guitar tone. The tone, distortion on Swampsong is one of my favorite tones ive ever heard. the black waltz is their most symphonic and keyboard prominent album. Now, For the Revolution seems to be something like the black waltz but the vocals give it the old style. Kalmah fans should give Kalmah credit in how they have progressed. They are changing in an amazing way.

they are changing and that's the problem ... ( only joking ;) ) I really agree with you that TWR is the album which represents them the best. But what concerns me I was so in love with their music , you can't even imagine :p but I just think I'll need some time to get over it and not hearing the typical kalmah trademark in their future compositions .. well who knows they might change back ^^. Disregarding what I said just now, I'm really impatient to hear their newest masterwork !

well to start off, i LOVE this song. ok. next, it is NOT their best work, but it doesnt mean you so called "kalmah fans" should critize it so fucken hard just because it doesnt beat their classic songs. Think about all they have done with each album(they are all different!!). This song is more for Symphonic Death Metal fans (even thrash). Kalmah is evolving to a Symphonic Melodic Death Metal band in my opinion (yet, they still have their trademark swamp style feeling) It definetly gives me that "kalmah, swamp" feeling. When i think about kalmah's music (all their albums in order) i think about what they possess. Swamplord was crazy good in melodies and had a gloomy feeling. They Will Return is probably their most trademark album in that it represents best their swamp style (the eerie riffs, intricate solos, raspy vocals) About Swampsong, people have to realize that Swampsong is actually HEAVIER than The Black Waltz. Swampsong is amazing i believe cuz of the significant improvement of the guitar tone. The tone, distortion on Swampsong is one of my favorite tones ive ever heard. the black waltz is their most symphonic and keyboard prominent album. Now, For the Revolution seems to be something like the black waltz but the vocals give it the old style. Kalmah fans should give Kalmah credit in how they have progressed. They are changing in an amazing way.

This has to be one of the funniest wannabe metal know it all posts I ever read.

HAH. so much full of nonsense! You should atleast notice those are YOUR opinions, NOT facts. These get too often mixed to gether.

Well Burbots, it is my opinion, but thats what this thread is about, to state our opinions on Kalmah. but about the music, its common sense for everyone who knows musical style. I am NOT trying to tell people what i think is correct, just what i think. i am NOT trying to start shit. im just trying to talk about kalmah.

but i dont fell the spirit of the swamplors album or the they will return maybe colse to the black waltz style but it sound good

Yea its just opinion. We all know Kalmah has and always will be epic-melodic-power/death-progressive-symphonic-swamp-thrash metal with death vocals. serially

i dont like that word in bold.
i like some of the progressive metal bands but i would never tag kalmah this way..

but i like the general idea of the tag ^^

haha yeah just thought i'd throw that in there. I was kind of just referring to "Moon of My Nights". I don't want to start a genre war here but I'm curious to see what genre everyone has Kalmah listed under in their iTunes?

I agree this doesn't give much of that swamp feeling and first time, I really don't liked it much. I gave it a couple listens and it was much better to me but still lacks something important. It isn't bad but that doesn't make it anything amusing either. It's a very good track, takes time to get used to because it's different but could be better, it does gives the feeling of something missing.