Vocal Collaboration???

selke61

Music Producing Ginger
Jan 25, 2011
Hey guys,

So I wanna point out the obvious; most of the stuff I post for critique do not have vocals on them. I, myself, cannot sing/scream so I don't do them and my vocal friends live pretty far from me. So time to time I get a song or two with them on it.

So I was wondering, if I was to post a song up, would anybody be willing to do vocals on them? Singing and screaming? That way I can keep practicing mixing vocals. It will also be practice for your vocals. Win/win. I'm not looking to pay, just for anybody willing enough to do it in their free-time. You also can write your onlyrics. (You pretty much have to cause I don't have any :lol:)

When the vocals are tracked by you and you are done, send the .wavs to me (we'll get into that later, that is, if anyone is interested in doing this) completely rough. No processing. Let me know if you wanna do it up! Here is the song I'm looking for people to throw vocals on;

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/33877996/Ghost MASTER.mp3

Thanks! :headbang:

why don't you just find a band in your area that will record with you? you can just record and mix their songs for free.

you'll get what you want... practice and they get some free recordings. win/win! :)

you will obtain tons more experience actually working with a vocalist face to face, rather than just FTP'ing files back-and-forth.

I doubt there are any bands in his area. He's said a handful of times there are no vocalists/musicians where he lives, which Most likely means no bands.

I'm interested in trying this out, Selke. Haven't practiced vox in forever cuz I'm always doin someone else's haha, but I hope to give it a shot real soon.

Thanks Tommy! PM if you need to!

And Tim, Tommy pretty much summed it up. People around where I currently live, that I have at least known, don't diddly-daddle in any type of rock/metal. They are all into rap and I'm not a fan of rap nor do I want to mix it. Also, I do record bands when my schedule permits, but again, most of my clientele/friends live an hour or so from me. Some don't want to make the trip so much when a competitor of mine lives only 10 minutes from them, unfortunately (and he's not that good 0.0 and charges 2x what I charge). So it's pure laziness on their part. I think 80 bucks a song and an hour trip is worth what I put out at least. I'm not amazing, but I am a little better than my current competitor. And to add, we (bands and I) have a lot of schedule conflicts, with my school schedule and whatever the case may be for them, so right now my winter break from school is booked with bands, so I'm sure I'll get lots of practice then, but I'd like to get some more now so that I don't do terribly on theirs.

I agree about face-to-face interaction. But I know most guys in the forum are producers themselves, so they'll know what to get out of their own vocal performances, I suppose. But I'm satisfied with at least doing one song this way.

Also, I don't want to record bands for free. My schedule is too busy ATM to be handing out free songs, ya know? This is just strict friend/friend thing. I normally do it with my friends, but I figured lots of guys on here do vocals and have great gear to record vocals with.